Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am using USB.
I am trying to install El Capitan.
I just get to the described screen and then nothing happens

Thanks for the quick reply.
Neil

The way that I installed mine is as detailed in Post #4.
If that does not work for you there is not much advice I can give you other than to upgrade the BIOS first.
Mine is currently running Sierra quite happily.

Created a config.plist and used it to replace the default config.plist in /EFI/CLOVER/
Attached is a basic config.plist that should work for the installation (with GT6** graphics).

My install was to a clean hard drive with the latest BIOS version from HP Support.

This is what you have written in post 4. I have interpreted this as once you have put in the config.plist remove the USB stick, put into the machine you want to install OSX, turn on the machine, and then the USB stick will load, and the install OSX as per a normal installation.

The problem is I get to the screen I have described and can't get any further

The problem is I get to the screen I have described and can't get any further
What I have described is how it worked for me with my build, if it does not work for you I have no way of knowing why.
Other people have confirmed that the procedure worked for them too.

What I have described is how it worked for me with my build, if it does not work for you I have no way of knowing why.
Other people have confirmed that the procedure worked for them too.

Hi,

Would it be possible to provide the entire EFI folder as a zip file ? It would ensure I have everything set correctly and in the correct place ? I have tried using the basic clover settings and found my mouse works so I can start the installation, but it fails as the settings are not correct.

Thanks Neil

Hi,

Would it be possible to provide the entire EFI folder as a zip file ? It would ensure I have everything set correctly and in the correct place ? I have tried using the basic clover settings and found my mouse works so I can start the installation, but it fails as the settings are not correct.

Thanks Neil
Sorry no, mine is running Sierra not El Capitan so it won't help you.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Got there in the end, with these two changes in approach.

I downloaded the second DSDT from your link. I am not sure if I used the first or second before.

In the GUI I changed the mouse to Enabled and under Scan I ticked Entries, Tool and Legacy.

Not sure which of the changes made it work as I did them all at the same time.

I am not connected to a monitor but a projector. This may or may not have been the issue, but may be useful to somebody in the future.

Thank you Pilgrim for your guide and assistance. It gave me the confidence to persevere.

Hi,

I have a TP Link TL-WN881ND PCI Express WIFI Adaptor. Can I get that to work ?

If not, can you recommend a good cheap WIFI adaptor please.

Thanks again.

I downloaded the second DSDT from your link. I am not sure if I used the first or second before.

I don't know which link you are referring to and what you mean by 'second DSDT',
there is only one DSDT with the instructions in Post #4.

In the GUI I changed the mouse to Enabled and under Scan I ticked Entries, Tool and Legacy.
Not sure which of the changes made it work as I did them all at the same time.

My guess would be the DSDT made the difference.

Thank you Pilgrim for your guide and assistance. It gave me the confidence to persevere.

You are welcome, I'm glad you made it through.

Hi,

I have a TP Link TL-WN881ND PCI Express WIFI Adaptor. Can I get that to work ?
If not, can you recommend a good cheap WIFI adaptor please.

I have no experience with that adaptor but Search suggests that it may be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back