Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone, haven't posted in a really long time. I wasn't sure where to put this post.

For the past 4ish years I've been running Chameleon/Yosemite relatively smoothly. I recently ran into an Audio issue that I couldn't resolve, and I took it as a sign to switch to Clover (Which I've been thinking about alot recently).

I wiped my drive and did a fresh install of Sierra. Everything went VERY smoothly...until I switched my keyboard from a 2.0 USB port on my M/B (Gigabyte GA-z87m-d3h) to a 3.0 port. The moment I plugged it in to the 3.0 port, the computer shut off. I can't get it to turn on, no fans, no lights, no power, nothing. Only thing I have tried is jumping the M/B to no avail. I pretty much have no idea where to go from here.

Is my M/B fried? From plugging in USB?

Hey everyone, haven't posted in a really long time. I wasn't sure where to put this post.

For the past 4ish years I've been running Chameleon/Yosemite relatively smoothly. I recently ran into an Audio issue that I couldn't resolve, and I took it as a sign to switch to Clover (Which I've been thinking about alot recently).

I wiped my drive and did a fresh install of Sierra. Everything went VERY smoothly...until I switched my keyboard from a 2.0 USB port on my M/B (Gigabyte GA-z87m-d3h) to a 3.0 port. The moment I plugged it in to the 3.0 port, the computer shut off. I can't get it to turn on, no fans, no lights, no power, nothing. Only thing I have tried is jumping the M/B to no avail. I pretty much have no idea where to go from here.

Is my M/B fried? From plugging in USB?
Try clearing the CMOS settings.

Tried Clearing CMOS with the pins no power, should I take out the MB battery?

Took out MB battery, waited 5, put it back. No power. :|

EDIT: Resolved for now, replaced the power cord and that did the trick, who knew... Now, no audio, when I try to change the volume it has a little circle with a line through it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back