Clover, Mojave and Comet Lake on Asus Z490-A, iGPU HUD 630

thx in advance for your valuable advices

iApaus

hi all
is it possibile to build this system?

Clover, Mojave and Comet Lake on Asus Z490-A

iApaus

Yes, but NOT Clover. You need OpenCore. It's there is one in our Golden Builds forum:

Yes, but NOT Clover. You need OpenCore. It's there is one in our Golden Builds forum:

boot into mojave??

boot into mojave??

The problem is that no 10th gen systems were offered by Apple when Mojave was their main OS. So complete hardware support is not there. You can "spoof" an older CPU though.

There is nothing to stop you trying. Otherwise what will you do?

:)

Cool!!
You mean 'let think to Mojave, through OpenCore, that the system has an older CPU, installing CPU's ACPIs related to the older CPU??

correct? please, et me better understand!!

Cool!!
You mean 'let think to Mojave, through OpenCore, that the system has an older CPU, installing CPU's ACPIs related to the older CPU??

correct? please, et me better understand!!

You can "emulate" an older CPU by putting the CPUID into your config.plist.

For OpenCore there are two variables to use: "Cpuid1Data" and "Cpuid1Mask". You will be able to spot them either in your favourite code editor or OpenCore Configurator.

Depending on which CPU you choose to emulate Coffee Lake / Kaby Lake etc, you enter the Fake ID in here.

For example a Coffee Lake / Kaby Lake CPUID is 0x0906EA or 0x0906EB so you enter the value you choose like this:

Cpuid1Data - EA 06 09 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Cpuid1Mask - FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

You can see that for the Cpuid1Data the byte order is reversed.

hi all
is it possible to build this system?

Clover, Mojave and Comet Lake on Asus Z490-A, iGPU HUD 630

iApaus
You want to run Mojave on a Z490 system with CPU integrated graphics?

I won't say it is impossible, because there are success stories like this (with High Sierra and Mojave) :

But be prepared to encounter difficulties as the Intel 10th generation hardware platform is officially supported only on MacOS Catalina and Big Sur.

And the other thing is, the CPU integrated graphics of the 10th generation CPU probably won't work under Mojave, so even if you were successful in getting Mojave to run, you may not have graphics acceleration at all, and you will need a supported graphics card to get graphics acceleration.

Last edited:
And the other thing is, the CPU integrated graphics of the 10th generation CPU probably won't work under Mojave, so even if you were successful in getting Mojave to run, you may not have graphics acceleration at all, and you will need a supported graphics card to get graphics acceleration.

Good point.

The UHD 630 in the 9700K has a Device ID of: 0x3E98
The UHD 630 in the 10700K has a Device ID of: 0x9BC5

So although they have the same GPU they are technically different. Though I haven't tried it myself as I don't have 10th Gen hardware, maybe a spoof of the Device ID might work?

You want to run Mojave on a Z490 system with CPU integrated graphics?

I won't say it is impossible, because there are success stories like this (with High Sierra and Mojave) :

But be prepared to encounter difficulties as the Intel 10th generation hardware platform is officially supported only on MacOS Catalina and Big Sur.

hi james
did you mean problems like that in the attached photo? (see at the top and on top left of the screen)

Attachments

• IMG_0344.png
    IMG_0344.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 142
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back