ASUS Proart Creator z490
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
@Middleman
The wifi is working. I had to swap the AirportItlwm.kext to fit the OS.

Just to make sure: I am running OSX HIGH SIERRA 10.13.6. The reason for this is that I need to be backwards compatible with some 32bit Plugins and Apps that wont otherwise work on Catalina or Big SUR.

So once again.
I need a solution for the i9 10850K iGPU which you can find here:

the iGPU Device ID = 0x9BC5

And it has to run under OSX HIGH SIERRA.

@Middleman
The wifi is working. I had to swap the AirportItlwm.kext to fit the OS.

Just to make sure: I am running OSX HIGH SIERRA 10.13.6. The reason for this is that I need to be backwards compatible with some 32bit Plugins and Apps that wont otherwise work on Catalina or Big SUR.

So once again.
I need a solution for the i9 10850K iGPU which you can find here:

the iGPU Device ID = 0x9BC5

And it has to run under OSX HIGH SIERRA.
In that case, it's quite simple. Use my latest EFI from latest post with the High Sierra edits which should also have the necessary Coffee Lake CPU1Data for High Sierra (EB060900). Make sure your SMBIOS is iMac18,3. Then change the ig-platform-id to 0000C59B and device-id to C59B0000 and add in the other framebuffer patches we mentioned earlier. Oh and don't forget your Nvidia/CUDA or AMD drivers.

Thanks Middleman, but...

are you talking about the EFI in this post?

and "in the other framebuffer patches we mentioned earlier". you write:
framebuffer-unifiedmem to 000080
that is not 8 bit. is it supposed to be 00 00 80 00 or 00 00 00 80?
The first would result in 32768MB, the second in 128MB unifiedmem
Thanks for your effort.

and, what do you mean:
don't forget your Nvidia/CUDA or AMD drivers.?
I only use the internal Intel UHD 630 iGPU. There is no Nvidia or AMD in my system.

so this is what I did:

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 18.07.02.png

Last edited:
Thanks Middleman, but...

are you talking about the EFI in this post?

and "in the other framebuffer patches we mentioned earlier". you write:
framebuffer-unifiedmem to 000080
that is not 8 bit. is it supposed to be 00 00 80 00 or 00 00 00 80?
The first would result in 32768MB, the second in 128MB unifiedmem
Thanks for your effort.

and, what do you mean:
don't forget your Nvidia/CUDA or AMD drivers.?
I only use the internal Intel UHD 630 iGPU. There is no Nvidia or AMD in my system.

so this is what I did:

View attachment 518665
Yes indeed that very post.

But a question - if you don't have a dGPU then why are you asking to enable a 2nd video port?
This Aorus Xtreme motherboard only sports one HDMI port.
Anyways that must've been a mistype. The value for framebuffer-unifiedmem should be 00000080.

Okay, you didn't read my post. I have an ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Wifi | i9-10850K | Intel UHD 630
It says so in my posts.
This MB has DP, HDMI output.
Anyway, the changes you suggested didn#t bring any change.

Hi there.

Nice PC. :thumbup:

Please update your hardware Profile to reflect your components. This will then follow your posts around the site.

I can see, as it is, it may cause confusion to anyone looking in and wanting to offer help.

:)

Okay, you didn't read my post. I have an ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Wifi | i9-10850K | Intel UHD 630
It says so in my posts.
I'm sorry I cannot mind-read - I thought you were referring to a Z490 or Aorus Xtreme board.
When you ask me a question in this thread, that's what I'd/we'd assume. However the link
you gave me refers to an AMD AM4 board.

As for the patches, the changes I gave you should work as they are in-line with everything else.
This is assuming you are using HDMI. I don't have ports for DP on mine so I can't help you there.
But it should work. If the config is not working you may need reset your NVRAM before rebooting.
The framebuffer-unifiedmem setting is definitely 00000080, because that's what I use on my other
builds also.

The device-id however may need to change because High Sierra doesn't support Comet Lake.
In which case we'll need to use these values instead:

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 6.15.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 6.15.45 AM.png

Notice the CPU1Data value is set to EA060900 00000000 00000000 00000000 which is Coffee Lake.
High Sierra will not boot without this setting.

FYI my first posted EFI definitely works on High Sierra because it has special edits made to the file. Unfortunately HS is rather picky when it comes to the config. So I'd suggest to use Propertree if you want to try it out and edit with it.

If you're still having trouble with the patches then you'd need to double check your settings, or perhaps extract your BIOS and create your own SSDTs. You may also need to use Hackintool to create the connector outputs for your monitors.

It says so in my posts.
i have given you your own thread, please try not hijack a guide with completely different hardware

i have given you your own thread, please try not hijack a guide with completely different hardware
Thanks Feartech for the help! :thumbup:

sorry, mybad. the link i copied is wrong. It says in my signature, what builts i have.
anyway.
This is my motherboard:

Kentsoon, try the new changes I'd given you, especially the CPUID1DATA, ig-platform-id and device-id change.
High Sierra definitely will work on these settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back