Register

Clover to OC Migration Attempt - Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• EFI OC 0.6.3 usbinjectall.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
here is the one with usbinjectall+ .aml with xhciport disabled

Reading through this thread it has become a little convoluted, especially as you used and uploaded someone else's EFI at one point.

However, things to note:

The P55 Express chipset is very old now and only has 14x USB2 ports. These are classed as EHCI, so on two controllers, usually split 8x and 6x. The device_IDs for these are 8086_3a3a and 8086_3a3c. You can see in your SSDT-UIAC.aml that only one of the pair (3a3a) is included, so "killing" the other one (3a3c) where devices might be plugged into.

Anyway, to get going try just USBInjectAll.kext + the XhciPortLimit Quirk enabled. Disable the SSDT for now. This should work for Mojave. If not, there are manual port-limit removal patches that can be used. By doing this hopefully you can get into your system to do more configuration. (Incidentally this will work with the recent versions of Clover too).

Reading through this thread it has become a little convoluted, especially as you used and uploaded someone else's EFI at one point.

However, things to note:

The P55 Express chipset is very old now and only has 14x USB2 ports. These are classed as EHCI, so on two controllers, usually split 8x and 6x. The device_IDs for these are 8086_3a3a and 8086_3a3c. You can see in your SSDT-UIAC.aml that only one of the pair (3a3a) is included, so "killing" the other one (3a3c) where devices might be plugged into.

Anyway, to get going try just USBInjectAll.kext + the XhciPortLimit Quirk enabled. Disable the SSDT for now. This should work for Mojave. If not, there are manual port-limit removal patches that can be used. By doing this hopefully you can get into your system to do more configuration. (Incidentally this will work with the recent versions of Clover too).
Really appreciate your taking time to look into my concern. Will definitely take time to read up some more and follow your recommendation.

So I was able to get a little further. Had to ditch the SSDT from the ACPI folder and had the good 'ol DSDT file take its place. This let me boot into the desktop just fine with just one last hurdle.

OC can't seem to read/mount my mechanical storage drive (NTFS, btw). All the other sata SSDs (all NTFS as well) connected appear just fine.

"The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer."

^ That's the message that I get. Too afraid to choose the initialize option as it may harm/delete the files already saved on the drive. Funny thing is that once I restart and boot from the Clover EFI of the SSD, the mechanical drive is there and accessible. That is the reason why I'm leaning towards the thought that there may be a setting in OC which I may have missed or may have forgotten to enable/disable. I doubt that its an issue with the drive itself as Clover sees it just fine but not OC.

EDIT:
I booted back to verbose mode and saw that there is an I/O error given for disk4 which is my mechanical drive

Attachments

• IMG_4456.PNG
    IMG_4456.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4457.PNG
    IMG_4457.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Ok then so went ahead to clear my /L/E then rebuilt the cache. After rebooting, Clover now also cannot mount/load my mechanical HDD, now happening in both Clover and OC. The other SATA drives (ssds) can be loaded. The mechanical drive remains to be accessible when booting to Windows.

Any suggestion what could I have deleted from the /L/E to generate the same behaviour with OC? I suspecting that whatever that is, its OC counterpart would also help load/detect the mechanical drive when booting via OC.

BTW, for OC I've tried loading sata-unsupported along with ACHIPortinjector kext but got the same result.

Would greatly appreciate any help please.

Ok then so went ahead to clear my /L/E then rebuilt the cache. After rebooting, Clover now also cannot mount/load my mechanical HDD, now happening in both Clover and OC. The other SATA drives (ssds) can be loaded. The mechanical drive remains to be accessible when booting to Windows.

Any suggestion what could I have deleted from the /L/E to generate the same behaviour with OC? I suspecting that whatever that is, its OC counterpart would also help load/detect the mechanical drive when booting via OC.

BTW, for OC I've tried loading sata-unsupported along with ACHIPortinjector kext but got the same result.

Would greatly appreciate any help please.
There should only be kexts in /L/E supplied by Apple (and maybe some other manufactures if you have installed some specific software)

I agree. I've deleted all the other 3rd party kext and left the 10 (or 11) official kext that should be in there then rebuilt my cache.

After the rebuid, I restarted then Clover could not load my 1TB mechanical drive (now same behaviour as with the OC USB with I am trying to get working). All my other sata ssds can get mounted though. Its just this 1 mechanical drive that OC (and now Clover as well) could not load. In Windows though that same drive is all good.

Might there be anything that could have been deleted or changed by my cache rebuilding that is causing mojave not to load the drive?

I agree. I've deleted all the other 3rd party kext and left the 10 (or 11) official kext that should be in there then rebuilt my cache.

After the rebuid, I restarted then Clover could not load my 1TB mechanical drive (now same behaviour as with the OC USB with I am trying to get working). All my other sata ssds can get mounted though. Its just this 1 mechanical drive that OC (and now Clover as well) could not load. In Windows though that same drive is all good.

Might there be anything that could have been deleted or changed by my cache rebuilding that is causing mojave not to load the drive?
in terminal do this:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
and copy and paste the result here

also zip and upload your EFI

Thank you for the continued support. I really appreciate your time.

Here is the result for kextcache:

Code:
Last login: Tue May  3 02:26:56 on console

Roels-Mac-Pro:~ jc97d$ sudo kextcache -i /

Password:

KernelCache ID: 829EBE4B3BDB56BB98E8F2DE2B983546

Roels-Mac-Pro:~ jc97d$ sudo kextcache -i /

Password:

KernelCache ID: 829EBE4B3BDB56BB98E8F2DE2B983546

I had done it twice.

Also attaching both Clover (after the cache rebuild) and OC EFI folders for reference. BTW I was able to use OC 8. The kernel panic was gone (from post #1) right after deleting the 3rd party kext from /L/E and rebuilding the cache.

Attachments

• EFI Clover.zip
    22.3 MB · Views: 76
  • EFI OC.zip
    4 MB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back