Contribute
Register

Clover to OC Migration Attempt - Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the continued support. I really appreciate your time.

Here is the result for kextcache:

Code:
Last login: Tue May  3 02:26:56 on console

Roels-Mac-Pro:~ jc97d$ sudo kextcache -i /

Password:

KernelCache ID: 829EBE4B3BDB56BB98E8F2DE2B983546

Roels-Mac-Pro:~ jc97d$ sudo kextcache -i /

Password:

KernelCache ID: 829EBE4B3BDB56BB98E8F2DE2B983546

Last login: Tue May 3 02:26:56 on console Roels-Mac-Pro:~ jc97d$ sudo kextcache -i / Password: KernelCache ID: 829EBE4B3BDB56BB98E8F2DE2B983546 Roels-Mac-Pro:~ jc97d$ sudo kextcache -i / Password: KernelCache ID: 829EBE4B3BDB56BB98E8F2DE2B983546

I had done it twice.

Also attaching both Clover (after the cache rebuild) and OC EFI folders for reference. BTW I was able to use OC 8. The kernel panic was gone (from post #1) right after deleting the 3rd party kext from /L/E and rebuilding the cache.
your kextcache output is fine, that is what i was hoping to see

you are using a DSDT.aml in OpenCore which shouldn't be used

what patches/amendments did you do to it?

your kextcache output is fine, that is what i was hoping to see

you are using a DSDT.aml in OpenCore which shouldn't be used

what patches/amendments did you do to it?
Yes. That is correct. Using the DSDT file was the only way that let me get further via OC from my previous report here (post #25)

No patches done on the file attached though. Its just the prebuilt one from the DSDt database here courtesy of MacMan. Whichever combination I tried, I found that it was the only way I would able to get to the desktop with USB functioning. With only the SSDT-EC inside the ACPI however, I would get to the desktop but without a USB device as reported from post #11 (usb dies after 1-2 seconds on verbose mode)

Last edited:
Yes. That is correct. Using the DSDT file was the only way that let me get further via OC from my previous report here (post #25)

No patches done on the file attached though. Its just the prebuilt one from the DSDt database here courtesy of MacMan. Whichever combination I tried, I found that it was the only way I would able to get to the desktop with USB functioning. With only the SSDT-EC inside the ACPI however, I would get to the desktop but without a USB device as reported from post #11 (usb dies after 1-2 seconds on verbose mode)
if no patches were done, then no need for it

also DSDT should not be used in opencore, rather you would use SSDT's instead

if no patches were done, then no need for it

also DSDT should not be used in opencore, rather you would use SSDT's instead
When I try to use the SSDT-EC file from the same DSDT file, uSB just dies during the verbose loading of OC. It also flipped out upon learning that the DSDT file got me further instead of SSDT-EC as advised from OC guide

In any case, might there something from the EFI folders which might provide us any leads on why the mechanical drive wouldnt load? I'm thinking if it was just a fluke / a one-off that Clover was able to load my 1TB HDD all this time and then decided not to after cleaning out /L/E and rebuilding the cache.

BTW, while reading I've tried patching the fix I/O error for ICH10R but sadly it gave me the same thing

Last edited:
Will be trying this one here (post #5) as soon as the little man steps out for a break. He's been on that machine the whole day (from where we are) playing Roblox, watching YT, FarCry 6 (yes this old box surprisingly can still run it).

I got it from here.

Wish me luck :)

My goodness! The 1TB HDD is alive! This worked for me. AppleAHCIPort v329

Now the next thing is figuring out its OC counterpart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back