Graphics
EVGA 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I tried to build my first computer and my first Hackintosh today and ran into a multitude of problems. I'm trying to get El Capitan on my new build with a Gigabyte UD3H, Intel i5 and a EVGA 970.

Currently I have a 32gb flash drive with all the steps on the Guide followed very carefully, I'm using the UEFI and Intel option in that setup. I've configured my BIOS the best I can, I can't seem to find CFG- Lock but I don't know if it is included. I'm also aware that my graphics card isn't compatible but I don't know how to account for that in setup/BIOS.

I can boot into clover just fine and get the Apple logo and the loading bar, but when it gets about 3/4ths the way there it slows down and then reboots too the original clover menu. I've ran it through dozens of times with no avail. And tired booting in UEFI only mode. :banghead:

If anyone could help me out here I would hugely appreciate it. I'm chalk out of ideas and about ready to give up and settle for, dare I say, Windows...

Thanks a billion, and please talk simply, I'm a newb

So I tried to build my first computer and my first Hackintosh today and ran into a multitude of problems. I'm trying to get El Capitan on my new build with a Gigabyte UD3H, Intel i5 and a EVGA 970.

Currently I have a 32gb flash drive with all the steps on the Guide followed very carefully, I'm using the UEFI and Intel option in that setup. I've configured my BIOS the best I can, I can't seem to find CFG- Lock but I don't know if it is included. I'm also aware that my graphics card isn't compatible but I don't know how to account for that in setup/BIOS.

I can boot into clover just fine and get the Apple logo and the loading bar, but when it gets about 3/4ths the way there it slows down and then reboots too the original clover menu. I've ran it through dozens of times with no avail. And tired booting in UEFI only mode. :banghead:

If anyone could help me out here I would hugely appreciate it. I'm chalk out of ideas and about ready to give up and settle for, dare I say, Windows...

Thanks a billion, and please talk simply, I'm a newb

Try installing 10.11 while the GTX970 is not in use(disabled) then Install Nvidia Driver immediately you reach Desktop, previously i used to do this on my 775 motherboard. Good Luck.

1. Bios Settings (Not disregarding the normal Hackintos Bios Setting)
• Advanced Chipset Features:
Onboard VGA = Always Enable
Init Display First = Onboard
Pres F10 & Save settings….
(Remove VGA cord from GTX 770 & insert it into Onboard VGA Motherboard)

2. Monitor is connected into Motherboard (GTX 770 is being disabled via Bios setting and NOT completely removed)

3. If you succeed immediately install Nvidia Drivers:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...raphics-drivers-os-x-10-11-0-346-03-02-a.html

4. Install Clover then Reboot to confirm that you can boot into your Hard Drive, then change your Bios to enable GTX970

5. Bios Settings
• Advanced Chipset Features:
Onboard VGA = [Enable If No Ext PEG]
Init Display First = [PEG]
Pres F10 & Save settings….
(Remove Onboard VGA cord from Motherboard & INSERT IT INTO GTX 770)
Everything should work fine…….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back