Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So i have been running yosemite with clover for about a month with no issues at all but decided i wanted to dual boot it with windows for school. i have another ssd to install windows 8.1 on so i didn't really think it would be that much trouble. i unplugged my yosemite drive installed windows no problem. i also left the sata mode as achi when installing and that boots fine when the yosemite drive isnt plugged in. but when i plug in the yosemite and boot to clover i see the windows drive and it says boot windows from Legacy HD1 and when pressed hangs at a blinking cursor. yosemite still boots fine but i can seem to get windows to boot. is this an issue with the way windows was installed? i have seen people setting clover boot to legacy, but that didnt work and i dont think thats the correct way to go about this. There is nothing i need on windows so if needed i can format the ssd and start over if i didnt install it correctly

Thanks for the help

Motherboard: z87x-ud3h
GPU: gtx 770 2gb
CPU: 4770k

Attachments

• IMG_1555.JPG
    IMG_1555.JPG
    936.5 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1556.JPG
    IMG_1556.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 287
If you use the arrow keys to go left right is that the only Win8.1 icon you see? Usually there are 5 of them if you installed UEFI.
If it installed Legacy, look at your config.plist with Clover Configurator. Select boot and look at the upper right corner. What does the block say? PBR or something else?

thats the only icon i see. i think i may have accidentally installed legacy, although i would like to install is uefi. how would i go about reinstalling windows in uefi mode? right now in my boot menu it says PBR. i have tried setting it to legacy bios and it gets to a windows boot logo for a few seconds before shuting down all my monitors and hanging. i think installing it as uefi is the way to go though. do i need to format my flash drive and ssd as GBT to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back