Contribute
Register

Clover bootloader screen resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've changed my resolution simply by editing my config.plist with clover configurator :
Go to GUI, on screen Resolution drop down menu select your favorite Resolution
another tips copy your config.plist to desktop and rename it whatever you want BUT you must set it as .plist extension,
then modify the resolution, when you restart you PC/Hackintosh, navigate to Option config and select your modified .plist config

The Dell in 5K mode (dual DP) still boots at 1600x1200 into Clover and Mac OS verbose and non-verbose boot. The system crashes as usual when MacOS completes booting (I'm still using El Capitan, haven't tried Sierra). 5K works when it's not connected at startup.
Mac OS doesn't crash when booting with 5K on Nvidia since I started using Sierra (10.12.3). But I don't like the 1600x1200 startup resolution...

What does CMS stand for? Is it only present in UEFI interfaces?
I think that's supposed to be CSM.

From Wikipedia:

"The Compatibility Support Module (CSM) is a component of the UEFI firmware that provides legacy BIOS compatibility by emulating a BIOS environment, allowing legacy operating systems and some option ROMs that do not support UEFI to still be used."

I think that means it's possible to boot UEFI using CSM support for the graphics card (the option rom of the graphics card) if the UEFI driver for the graphics card is missing or doesn't work?

Hello !

I was facing the same issue, i just had to:
- go from "other OS" back to windows
- disabled CSM
-edited resolution in config to 4K
~ i also edited my template here, didn't had to adapt it (mimi black)

old thread I know.

I stumble across it and though I'd put some info here.

Seem to have solved it.

windows 8 whql
disable csm
no clover driver CmsVideoDxe-64
did apply nvram in clover configurtaor (unsure if this is important or not)
Typed in my res in clover configurator 1920x1200
no load vbios or edid in clover configurator
Started working once I did "disable fullscreen logo show" in the bios.

Holy crap this worked thank you (sorry for digging up an old post, I couldn't find anything remotely close to answering this question)

Hello !

I was facing the same issue, i just had to:
- go from "other OS" back to windows
- disabled CSM
-edited resolution in config to 4K
~ i also edited my template here, didn't had to adapt it (mimi black)

I've got a dual boot environment and had the same issue. Just disabling CSM worked for me. Moving the Secure Boot to Windows caused the machine to only boot to the windows after throwing up some warning about the default OSX boot drive.

Windows 8/10 WHQL and CSM disabled work for me!

I have an old BIOS based motherboard and cannot enable or disable CSM since it's not UEFI.

When I got clover from a USB I get full resolution and it says that the firmware is Clover but when I boot off SSD (via SATA) I get TianoCore firmware (with a lower UEFI revision).

Does anyone know is causing this and how I may get Clover loading Clover firmware when booting off the SSD?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Before anyone points out that the motherboard in my profile supports UEFI, the hardware listed is for my current main Hackintosh. The machine I am talking about here is my previous Hackintosh which is still being used but does not support UEFI.

EDIT: Before anyone points out that the motherboard in my profile supports UEFI, the hardware listed is for my current main Hackintosh. The machine I am talking about here is my previous Hackintosh which is still being used but does not support UEFI.
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back