Contribute
Register

Clover/Bootloader for Dual Boot Installation of Windows 10 and El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Clover set up, but the Windows boot loader boots by default and won't recognize it (easy fix though).

I tried the Realtek HD Audio patch in the install guide, but it caused my hackintosh to hang at boot. Should I make a new thread regarding this issue or is it fine here?

We can try to work through it here. If I cant figure it out, then you can make a new post.

There was no error (that is, easy to recognize error message) when I booted in verbose. The hang occurred at Bluetooth initialization (IOBluetoothHCIController), in both safe mode and regular, with the -f flag.
I reinstalled OS X afterward.

Edit: tried again, still get a hang, this time at NTFS volume name, with kext dev mode on and rootless=0.
Just now it reads "considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel prebuild has expired"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 142
I may have misread the mutli boot sticky thread, but I thought we would have to force NON uefi windows installation ?

In my case, I installed el capitan, and everypost install including clover bootloader.

I disconnected mac drive, change the bios setting to legacy boot mode, and then installed windows 7 on an other disk.

when windows drive is the only one I can boot windows easily.

when I plug both mac & windows drive, I access the clover bootloader and see all the disks.

mac drive is the only one I manage to boot from.

when trying to boot from windows drive, I got a black screen with blinking cursor on top left corner.

do any of you guys have an idea to solve my issue ?

may I have to re install windows in UEFI mode ?

hello,

Can you please help me with an installation process? I have the same motherboard as you and the same processor but the gpu is a gtx 970.

I would love to install both the el capitan with clover and the win10 pro to the same SSD. (256 GB samsung) but I can't manage it because I can't even get into the mac installer. I did everything after the basic guide found on tonymac.

Waiting for reply and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back