Contribute
Register

Clover Booting Guide: Z77X-UD5H- HD4000+GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing with Clover on my system (for now on a USB stick, not touching my SSD) and the problem I'm having is a white screen when I boot from Clover; I see the Clover graphical menu, but after I choose the option to boot from my SSD it appears to boot up OK but all I see is a white screen. I suspect I need to add something to Clover's config.plist (or perhaps refit.conf) to properly detect my graphics card, but I don't have a clue where to go from here. Can someone explain what I need to do (or point me to the right documentation)?

Here's my configuration:

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with U1c UEFI BIOS
Nvidia GT640 graphics card (I use GraphicsEnabler=no in Chimera)

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have already tried adding CsmVideoDxe-64.efi to drivers64UEFI, but it made no difference - I still get just a white screen.

Post your boot.log

Downloaded your OEM file, created BOOTER disk on USB stick and was able to boot my regular (backup) system disk.
Works great.
Will experiment with restore partition etc.

Have not been able to get the bootable installer disk to work so far (http://www.osx86.net/guides-tutorial...tml#post131499)

Any suggestions on how to get that to work?

Great work ! Thank you very much.

Where do I find boot.log? It's not anywhere on my Clover USB stick, nor can I find it in Console.app.
Slika zaslona 2013-05-13 u 5.52.26 Popodne.png

Hi !

I've been trying to create an USB installer following the guide in OP, but the installer never starts completely (when getting to the language selection screen I get a white screen and spinning wheel, and it hangs).

So I had this idea:

- Clean install of ML 10.8.3 using UniBeast. Reboot.
- System config using UniBeast boot. Reboot.
- Boot with UniBeast again, and installation of Clover (self-build 1618, installed on ESP with all drivers64 and drivers64UEFI selected).
- Installation of FakeSMC.kext (from MultiBeast 5.3) in System/Library/Extensions. Reboot.
- Boot via UEFI:my HDD. The system boots (with GraphicsInjector=No) as an iMac12,2. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement reports three states: 16, 35 and 45.

So I believe the system could work this way, but I would like to know if this installation method is correct or if it can be improved in some way.

I tried to change my config.plist to add the key "SMBios" for the system to be recognized as a Macmini6,2 (for better power management), but the system refuses to start (black screen, no matter yes or no in GraphicsInjector).

My system is in my signature (GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770K, 32Gb of RAM and Gigabyte GTX 650 2Gb graphics). I'm not using the HD 4000 (disabled in BIOS).

So I'm waiting for your suggestions. Thanks in advance !

Hi !

I've been trying to create an USB installer following the guide in OP, but the installer never starts completely (when getting to the language selection screen I get a white screen and spinning wheel, and it hangs).

So I had this idea:

- Boot with UniBeast again, and installation of Clover (self-build 1618, installed on ESP with all drivers64 and drivers64UEFI selected).
- Installation of FakeSMC.kext (from MultiBeast 5.3) in System/Library/Extensions. Reboot.
- Boot via UEFI:my HDD. The system boots (with GraphicsInjector=No) as an iMac12,2. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement reports three states: 16, 35 and 45.

So I believe the system could work this way, but I would like to know if this installation method is correct or if it can be improved in some way.

I tried to change my config.plist to add the key "SMBios" for the system to be recognized as a Macmini6,2 (for better power management), but the system refuses to start (black screen, no matter yes or no in GraphicsInjector).

My system is in my signature (GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770K, 32Gb of RAM and Gigabyte GTX 650 2Gb graphics). I'm not using the HD 4000 (disabled in BIOS).

There is a few things that I can suggest.

Check to see if your Gigabyte GTX650 has a UEFI VBIOS. If not you will be able to get an update from Gigabyte (I did for my GT640). Update you VBIOS to a UEFI version and disable CSM in BIOS. CSM driver should be removed from drivers64UEFI.

You don't need all drivers. Be sure to read the first and second post for an idea for what drivers you should be using.

When you are booting, are you using your HDD or USB key? Did you move your EFI file to the HDD?

Booting with CSM Disabled -> My Gigabyte GT640 (rev 1.0) has a UEFI VBIOS version F12 (updated from F10). I had to ask Gigabyte support for this version for my card (waited a few days). I have also added a patched BIOS F15r (tweaktown) to have GFX UEFI. This allows you to boot in full UEFI without the CSM support needed, but can still have HD4000 and GT640 enabled. I will leave an update about resolution and performance when I have time to test the setup with Clover.

Hi !

So I had this idea:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4MvlG8SB8x1ZnBGWW1iRXFzcHc&usp=sharing
use this,it has all setup allready for this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back