Contribute
Register

Clover Booting Guide: Z77X-UD5H- HD4000+GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it working but only with CMS disabled which requires a UEFI/GOP flashed GFX...
In addition to sleep, that is also the only way to get native 1080p Clover GUI. I cannot get 1080p/1440p Clover GUI with HD4000 DP/HDMI to successfully boot to the Desktop (Clover GUI assigns a non native resolution of 1024x768). The result is 9 Desktop images across top of screen, unplug/reply display works 1 in 10 times, otherwise black screen.

In addition to sleep, that is also the only way to get native 1080p Clover GUI. I cannot get 1080p/1440p Clover GUI with HD4000 DP/HDMI to successfully boot to the Desktop (Clover GUI assigns a non native resolution of 1024x768). The result is 9 Desktop images across top of screen, unplug/reply display works 1 in 10 times, otherwise black screen.

I allready post about this (in another forum)that this work OK for me but when using DVI,it looks for me that only HDMI and DP are affected or no ?

In addition to sleep, that is also the only way to get native 1080p Clover GUI. Clover GUI assigns a non native resolution of 1024x768.

I have it working but only with CMS disabled which requires a UEFI/GOP flashed GFX...

Interesting,
I have the same problem with the resolution being assigned to 1024x768 with HD4000 on DVI. CSM Enabled
I will report back after I update my GFX to a UEFI version.

I have no resolution issues as I added the CsmVideoDxe-64.efi driver to mine and fixes the GFX issue but I can't disable CSM as I have the Apple HD5870 not some UEFI GFX card.

How are you planning on updating the HD4000 to UEFI since it has no BIOS?
For gigabyte boards u can find it here
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios.html
All ivy sandy boards have vga and uefi gop bios in bios mobo,there are guide if u wanna try update your own board.
U can start here http://www.win-lite.de/wbb/board208...m-modules-for-bios-modding-already-extracted/
it have detailed guide in this thread.

It looks like this
6QWEaxw.jpg

I am still confused. Neither of those links mention updating the HD4000 to a UEFI rom, in fact they don't mention UEFI anything.
It have detailed guide about updating oroms for UEFI aptio boards.
I am not an expert in this and i use allready modified one for me.

U can look at this for example latest already modified gigabyte one.
For IntelIVBGOPDriver
it says Intel GOP Driver ver 1.0.2.3
eaU5GeK.png

U can extract it using mmtool
xGGVIP7.png

and i extracted latest bios of yours mobo and it looks like this
gkcDfXn.png

It says version 1.0.1.2
Soo the point its that u can update yours.
I dont know what all its needed for this to work but guys from tweaktown are doing job for gigabyte just nice.

For asus u can make expiriments alone or maybe ask here http://www.overclock.net/t/1244232/asus-asrock-bioss-with-updated-raid-orom
since they doing this updating for asus/asrock.

Sry for offtopic.

I have no resolution issues as I added the CsmVideoDxe-64.efi driver to mine and fixes the GFX issue but I can't disable CSM as I have the Apple HD5870 not some UEFI GFX card.
I am still confused. Neither of those links mention updating the HD4000 to a UEFI rom, in fact they don't mention UEFI anything.

I was using the CSMVideoDxe-64.efi driver to have proper resolution. With newer revisions of Clover I started to have problems and would only get a black screen with CSM Enabled and the driver. UEFI flashing and CSM Disabled is the solution I guess. I am trying to flash my graphics card GT640 (does have a UEFI version) and I will also try a modded BIOS from tweak town. But I am trying to understand this whole process, I am confused just a bit (more reading to do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back