Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Clevo W370ST
CPU
4800QM
Graphics
GTX 765 + HD 4600
Hi guy,

First, thanks for all the contributions you've made.

Problem:
  • As soon as open an app which is not included by default with the OS (like Clover Config, Chrome) I can see some flickering, glitches 4600making the UI weird. I guess it's something to do with the graphics acceleration. My laptop has Nvidia GTX 765M + Intel HD, however dGpu was disabled from BIOS since the installation.
Note: every time I boot Mac, the apple logo changes it resolution from low to HD (adding this in case it would be related?).

I already tried running different Kexts which are related with Intel HD, also by injecting Intel HD but nothing changes.

I guess my debug.zip can explain this better than me :)

Other minor problems:
  • Wifi not working (I guess I should get a new card)
  • Mic is always on (which means I can hear it with the speakers).
  • Restart goes to black screen and never restart.

Slowly getting to a "stable" installation :)

Any help will be appreciated .

Attachments

• debug_4364.zip
    738.1 KB · Views: 124
Hi guy,

First, thanks for all the contributions you've made.

Problem:
  • As soon as open an app which is not included by default with the OS (like Clover Config, Chrome) I can see some flickering, glitches 4600making the UI weird. I guess it's something to do with the graphics acceleration. My laptop has Nvidia GTX 765M + Intel HD, however dGpu was disabled from BIOS since the installation.
Note: every time I boot Mac, the apple logo changes it resolution from low to HD (adding this in case it would be related?).

I already tried running different Kexts which are related with Intel HD, also by injecting Intel HD but nothing changes.

I guess my debug.zip can explain this better than me :)

Other minor problems:
  • Wifi not working (I guess I should get a new card)
  • Mic is always on (which means I can hear it with the speakers).
  • Restart goes to black screen and never restart.

Slowly getting to a "stable" installation :)

Any help will be appreciated .

Try ig-platform-id 0x0a260006.

Try ig-platform-id 0x0a260006.

Thanks for that.

However, still not working. Could be that for some reason my dGPU still running? (even if it's disabled in BIOS). Is there anyway how to verify that?

Some extra info: usually when logging in, the UI is quite laggy (including mouse), I guess, this is related also to graphics.

Here I attached new debug.zip

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• debug_29619.zip
    725.7 KB · Views: 184
This is how my Clover Configurator looks like with glitches.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-04 at 03.04.54.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-04 at 03.04.54.png
    262.6 KB · Views: 217
PS: I'm using the plist for HD4600 that you've shared.

Just verified now with Ubuntu, my dGPU is disabled.

Just found that when running the installer without FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics, the UI works great, however, after reboots I'm getting a kernel panic related with the Intel HD. As soon as I enable back FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics, kenel panic goes away but laggy ui comes back

Thanks for that.

However, still not working. Could be that for some reason my dGPU still running? (even if it's disabled in BIOS). Is there anyway how to verify that?

Some extra info: usually when logging in, the UI is quite laggy (including mouse), I guess, this is related also to graphics.

Here I attached new debug.zip

Thanks for the help.

Make sure you patch the framebuffer connectors to eliminate unused connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back