Graphics
Intel HD 2000 + GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So before I did all this I had an issue to even get the Mavericks installation working. Well, I finally got it working (yesterday). I installed Mavericks, and installed some things including Chimera in MultiBeasts, and restarted so it works... Chimera worked only once, where I could hit something so I could boot into something else (such as a dual boot). But now nothing...

First, I installed OS X Mavericks first, which was when Chimera worked for the first time. Then Windows 8, but then when that happened, it just says "Reboot and Select proper Boot Device" error, when the USB isn't in the computer. Asked around on a different topic on this forum, and someone said that I should install Windows 8 first, then Mavericks so that doesn't happen. But same thing happened regardless, Chimera doesn't work. Then I did extensive looking at guides and such on this forum and it states that it doesn't matter how you install which OS first, as long as you reinstall Chimera or whatever.

I install Chimera, but it seems like it doesn't install in the first place anymore.

What can I do?

Thanks!

So before I did all this I had an issue to even get the Mavericks installation working. Well, I finally got it working (yesterday). I installed Mavericks, and installed some things including Chimera in MultiBeasts, and restarted so it works... Chimera worked only once, where I could hit something so I could boot into something else (such as a dual boot). But now nothing...

First, I installed OS X Mavericks first, which was when Chimera worked for the first time. Then Windows 8, but then when that happened, it just says "Reboot and Select proper Boot Device" error, when the USB isn't in the computer. Asked around on a different topic on this forum, and someone said that I should install Windows 8 first, then Mavericks so that doesn't happen. But same thing happened regardless, Chimera doesn't work. Then I did extensive looking at guides and such on this forum and it states that it doesn't matter how you install which OS first, as long as you reinstall Chimera or whatever.

I install Chimera, but it seems like it doesn't install in the first place anymore.

What can I do?

Thanks!
If you install OS X first and install Chimera, then install Windows, the Windows installer over writes the Chimera boot files. You have to use the UniBeast USB to boot, select OS X, boot it and install Chimera again.

Well, regardless of what I do, nothing happens. This time, I just installed OSX Mavericks, and the bootloader only, nothing... then the required things from MultiBeasts and the bootloader, and still nothing... I disconnect the USB Drive to see if anything happens, and I still get "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" error.

Maybe something in my BIOS is changed or something?

Also whether it matters or not, I thought I would include that I'm doing all this dual boot on One Drive, so two partitions and the like. Does that affect anything at all? I plan on getting a SSD Drive, and maybe dual booting on that, or just leave Windows or Mac on the HDD, and the other on the SSD (depends on what I want to use more often) Drive.

Hope this helps on my what seems to be endless errors and fails... sigh.

Thanks!

Also whether it matters or not, I thought I would include that I'm doing all this dual boot on One Drive, so two partitions and the like. Does that affect anything at all? I plan on getting a SSD Drive, and maybe dual booting on that, or just leave Windows or Mac on the HDD, and the other on the SSD (depends on what I want to use more often) Drive.

Hope this helps on my what seems to be endless errors and fails... sigh.

Thanks!

Really recommend separate drives. If you must install same drive, use the guide in the sticky at the top of this forum.

Yeah, I think I'm done doing the dual boot. However, I decided that I want to just have Mavericks on this Drive, until the SSD that I just bought comes in, then dual boot. Which I have done - did one partition, and installed Mavericks. But it doesn't matter, Chimera isn't working.

Am I missing something? In MultiBeasts, you download essential things and such, and Chimera. In order for Chimera to work, are their specific things you need to download as well for it to show up or work? And if so, what would they be? I've followed others on what to download and install, as well as Chimera, but still. Maybe they missed something? I just want to be completely positive before I try something else...

Why I ask? Is because my motherboard isn't listed on any of your DSDT an Acer IPISB-VR. So I have to guess on practically half the installs, or just do one at a time till something works... but I haven't been doing any of that because I'm focusing on Chimera not working.

Is this maybe that boot0 thing?

When I was doing all this the first time, I saw that Chimera worked, but then I installed Windows 8, and it didn't work, reinstalled Chimera, but still as it is now - nothing is working.

Thanks!

Yeah, I think I'm done doing the dual boot. However, I decided that I want to just have Mavericks on this Drive, until the SSD that I just bought comes in, then dual boot. Which I have done - did one partition, and installed Mavericks. But it doesn't matter, Chimera isn't working.

Am I missing something? In MultiBeasts, you download essential things and such, and Chimera. In order for Chimera to work, are their specific things you need to download as well for it to show up or work? And if so, what would they be? I've followed others on what to download and install, as well as Chimera, but still. Maybe they missed something? I just want to be completely positive before I try something else...

Why I ask? Is because my motherboard isn't listed on any of your DSDT an Acer IPISB-VR. So I have to guess on practically half the installs, or just do one at a time till something works... but I haven't been doing any of that because I'm focusing on Chimera not working.

Is this maybe that boot0 thing?

When I was doing all this the first time, I saw that Chimera worked, but then I installed Windows 8, and it didn't work, reinstalled Chimera, but still as it is now - nothing is working.

Thanks!

Are you using a plater drive or a SSD? On the Acer, I would install, then run MultiBeast and select only EasyBeast, the audio and networking kexts if they are supported in MB, build and install. Reboot.
SSD drives sometimes give every indication of a bot0 error except the error itself - it never actually posts the boot0 error. If the SSD won't boot after EasyBeast install, try the boot0 fix. There is a whole thread on it - search is your friend. Boot0: The Official Guide if I remember the title of the thread correctly.

Well, I don't really understand why, but it worked... somewhat. I think I recall when I stated that it worked once, was the same way I did it now - in order for me to get Chimera working, I need my boot disk, of Windows 8 in the CD/DVD Drive. It goes to the whole "Push a button to start", that lasts like 5 sec, then Chimera comes up, and actually works. It's as if, all it needed was a boot thing, such as the Windows 8 disk, and it would work. Not 100% proof, but it'll do, maybe it'll work when I actually dual boot when I receive my SSD Drive coming Monday. (I still dual booted now, and everything seems to work)

And to your question if I had (right now) a SSD Drive or a HDD, I have an HDD.

I don't mind this, I mean several times over the years, I've left a disk in the drive for months at a time, and nothing happens. It's a custom Windows 8 installation (legit) disk, so I'm thinking I might need to burn a new one, because if I do go by this, and sadly I'll have to do the same when I get my SSD Drive, then it'll just do wear and tear to the Disk.

In general, I think I just need a new Motherboard, something like a Gigabyte or an ASUS one, mainly because I need to upgrade my Processor, and since it can't be taken out, that's the only solution. And when I get one, I'll be glad anyway, because not having all these BIOS settings like a lot of people state you should change (mines like 50% of ones I see in videos) is getting my nerves in a bunch, and making it twice as hard finding all the right stuff to install in MultiBeast.

Regardless, I'll update again when I get my SSD Drive.

Well, I don't really understand why, but it worked... somewhat. I think I recall when I stated that it worked once, was the same way I did it now - in order for me to get Chimera working, I need my boot disk, of Windows 8 in the CD/DVD Drive. It goes to the whole "Push a button to start", that lasts like 5 sec, then Chimera comes up, and actually works. It's as if, all it needed was a boot thing, such as the Windows 8 disk, and it would work. Not 100% proof, but it'll do, maybe it'll work when I actually dual boot when I receive my SSD Drive coming Monday. (I still dual booted now, and everything seems to work)

Look in your BIOS for a Device boot order and set the HDD as first in that list, then look for a HDD boot order and make the HDD first in that list. You still should select it even if it is the only drive connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back