Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Chimera 2.2 Update

I had problems with Chimera 2.2 too. (no boot) And also with MB5.4.3. (USB3 extensions failed to install)
I succeeded with the following sequence:
-I ran MB and selected all i needed; FakeSMC and FakeSMCplugins, Chimera 2.1.2 and MacPro3.1 def.
-Then i installed Chimera 2.2.
-Then i installed GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.4 using Kextwizard. Then i let Kextwizard repair permissions and rebuild cache.
-Had to go to the bios and reselect the right boot disk.

I'm having issues trying to get Chimera 2.2 to boot my ML setup on an Intel DH77DF with Intel 3450S CPU. If I boot in safe mode it will boot fine, but otherwise it gives me a garbled looking black screen with the top left corner having a grey triangle. I've tried all of the IGPlatformID's and some hang before then but none boot properly.

Previous guides for enabling HD2500 based CPUs suggest setting the VRAM to 32mb in the BIOS but Intel's BIOS doesn't seem to have the option to do so. Anyone else managed to get either this CPU or MB to boot, or had similar issues with another combination and resolved it?

I'm having issues trying to get Chimera 2.2 to boot my ML setup on an Intel DH77DF with Intel 3450S CPU. If I boot in safe mode it will boot fine, but otherwise it gives me a garbled looking black screen with the top left corner having a grey triangle. I've tried all of the IGPlatformID's and some hang before then but none boot properly.

Previous guides for enabling HD2500 based CPUs suggest setting the VRAM to 32mb in the BIOS but Intel's BIOS doesn't seem to have the option to do so. Anyone else managed to get either this CPU or MB to boot, or had similar issues with another combination and resolved it?

What monitor and cable are you using? There will only be one IGPlatformID for HD2500. Have you selected in MultiBeast Cutomizations/Boot Options 1080p Display. Note that VGA isn't supported.

What monitor and cable are you using? There will only be one IGPlatformID for HD2500. Have you selected in MultiBeast Cutomizations/Boot Options 1080p Display. Note that VGA isn't supported.

I'm using HDMI to an LG TV as a monitor at the moment. I did try the Multibeast 1080p Display boot option but it doesn't seem to have helped (although that said the screen is a 720p panel only, so 1360x768x32 would probably be my preferred resolution and is what I put in the plist).

I believe 0166000B is meant to be the correct IGPlatformID for the HD2500, judging by some of the articles for getting it to work before Chimera 2.2 arrived, but I seem to get the same issue regardless.

I'll try connecting up to another monitor and see if it does the same on a 1080p screen or via DVI...

Any other ideas?

Awesome. Tested with HD2500 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti and things seem to be working 100%. Thanks MacMan!

About_This_Mac-2.jpg
Mac_mini.jpg

I had my GA H77 DS3H working perfectly in 10.8.4 with GT640 .... GraphicsEnabler=No ....
I now want to use only onboard Graphics of my 3570 processor ... ie... the HD2500 ...with Chimera 2.2 ...
I ran the Chimera 2.2 setup and restarted with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and tried again with with IGPEnabler=Yes ...
But the Full HD HDMI display is corrupt/garbled on boot .... but boots perfectly in Safe mode ; showing HD2500 and 768MB memory ....
HELP ..................

I had my GA H77 DS3H working perfectly in 10.8.4 with GT640 .... GraphicsEnabler=No ....
I now want to use only onboard Graphics of my 3570 processor ... ie... the HD2500 ...with Chimera 2.2 ...
I ran the Chimera 2.2 setup and restarted with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and tried again with with IGPEnabler=Yes ...
But the Full HD HDMI display is corrupt/garbled on boot .... but boots perfectly in Safe mode ; showing HD2500 and 768MB memory ....
HELP ..................

Have you adjusted your UEFI bios? Is it still set up with PEG instead of IGFX and memory should be 64mb.

Adrian B

Dear Adrian ,

Set to Auto .... since I am not using the GT640 .... tried with IGFX also ... same results ....

Dear Adrian ,

Set to Auto .... since I am not using the GT640 .... tried with IGFX also ... same results ....

Sorry to hear that did not work. Suggest you open a three in Mountain Lion desktop support to give your problem better visibility. :thumbup:

Adrian B

I'm using HDMI to an LG TV as a monitor at the moment. I did try the Multibeast 1080p Display boot option but it doesn't seem to have helped (although that said the screen is a 720p panel only, so 1360x768x32 would probably be my preferred resolution and is what I put in the plist).

I believe 0166000B is meant to be the correct IGPlatformID for the HD2500, judging by some of the articles for getting it to work before Chimera 2.2 arrived, but I seem to get the same issue regardless.

I'll try connecting up to another monitor and see if it does the same on a 1080p screen or via DVI...

Any other ideas?

Hmm... no good - I tried connecting up to another screen which would accept 1080p signals and still had the same garbled graphics: mostly black screen with diagonal of light grey in top left corner. I suspect the motherboard not having the option to alter the video RAM to 32mb might mean HD2500 on this motherboard is problematic. Anyone have any other suggestions of things to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back