Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Chimera 2.2 Update

Thank you for your reply. However, it still doesn't boot.

Have you set First Initial Display to IGFX?

Have you set First Initial Display to IGFX?
Yes.
But i succeeded. Without any changed to the boot.plist.

I had to run MB 5.4.3 and install also the FakeSMC plugs, the whole bunch again. Not just the Chimera installer.
Chimera 2.2 works now, but i still can't make Hardware Acceleration work. Chess works, but no ripples when installing widgets.

But i ran into another problem.

I've tried adding IGPEnabler=Yes,but after that it won't boot - it'll freeze at green apple screen, any ideas how to solve that? I have just HD4000

Does running IGPEnabler=Yes change the fact that in order to have the integrated graphics recognized you must set Igfx to Enabled and Init display first to the Igfx along with connecting a display to the integrated graphics during startup? Is it possible to boot with the display connected to your PCIe graphics card, but still have the integrated graphics recognized so Airplay can be enabled?

i have the same question, too, but i would also like to know if this new option makes it possible to get optimus or something similar under osx...

I dont know why your linking the article, because it doesn't mention anything regarding that matter. I took the time to read it and all I have come up with regarding IGPEnabler=Yes is that it allows you to run both the integrated graphics (GraphicsEnabler=Yes) and a PCIe card that requires (GraphicsEnabler=No). Before this update you would have to manually inject the integrated graphics device-id while running GraphicsEnabler=No for the discrete card.

I dont know why your linking the article, because it doesn't mention anything regarding that matter. I took the time to read it and all I have come up with regarding IGPEnabler=Yes is that it allows you to run both the integrated graphics (GraphicsEnabler=Yes) and a PCIe card that requires (GraphicsEnabler=No). Before this update you would have to manually inject the integrated graphics device-id while running GraphicsEnabler=No for the discrete card.
And has nothing to do with "optimus".

We are working on an article explaining all the values, stay tuned.

Using this Chimera 2.2 I have my i7-4770K Z87M-D3H test bed running two displays at 1920 x 1200 x 32 with full acceleration reporting "Intel HD Graphics 4600:. I am looking forward to your guide. And thank you for this boot loader.

neil

i have the same question, too, but i would also like to know if this new option makes it possible to get optimus or something similar under osx...

I have same problem with this too.. My hd4000 is recognized already width 768 MB.
How to make my PCI-E as my main screen?

Sorry my error ! me have any time white screen and no mousse in boot in os x 10.8.4 or 10.8.3.
THANKS FOR WORK !!!!!

try sleeping your machine at white boot then resume. works for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back