Contribute
Register

Change Gigabyte Boot Logo to Apple Splash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the useful tip!

(However I am not a fan of pirate-themed splash screens. What are they meant to signify?)

Here's the original splash image. I just tidied up the actual apple logo. (shows less pixilation)

Enjoy

-Mrengles

Attachments

• Apple EFI Splash.bmp.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,213
I just turned the Gigabyte logo off in the BIOS so my screen is briefly black before showing the Apple boot logo. Am I missing the point?

I just turned the Gigabyte logo off in the BIOS so my screen is briefly black before showing the Apple boot logo. Am I missing the point?

I think so, most of this forums members are hackers, modders, tinkers, take-it-apart-and-put-it-back-together type people. This is just another modification you can apply to your computer, to achieve that complete 100% custom look.

Be safe, don't forget to look both ways when crossing the street.

-Mrengles

:lol:

I know this has been asked but I did not see an answer. Does this work with UEFI bios?

I think so, most of this forums members are hackers, modders, tinkers, take-it-apart-and-put-it-back-together type people. This is just another modification you can apply to your computer, to achieve that complete 100% custom look.

Be safe, don't forget to look both ways when crossing the street.

-Mrengles

:lol:

Ahh, I see now. I don't see it from a modder's perspective, because my own goal was to make the machine as Mac-like as possible and because the OP's BIOS boot image looks so much like the default splash screen. I completely see the appeal of customizing every possible element though.

Here's the original splash image. I just tidied up the actual apple logo. (shows less pixilation)

Enjoy

-Mrengles

Thank you! Nicely done, Sir! :)

gpfeiffer - Don't think so... The utlity is supplied by Gigabyte themselves and is Windows only as far as I know. There are some mighty clever people out there though so there may be alternatives! :)

I did that too, and currently have not changed the gigabyte logo yet. I do however get a "American Megatrends" splash screen initially ( I'm on a gigabyte ga z77x ud5h - latest bios). Is this removable/replaceable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back