Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
Finally, after three years I'm updating my Catalina to Big Sur on the Main system.
I use Clover 5141. Sorted out config and quirks. All fresh kexts.
Everything went well until the final stage.
Get stuck on Apple logo, which appears anyway even with -v enabled.
Graphics: GeForce GT 730
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,
Finally, after three years I'm updating my Catalina to Big Sur on the Main system.
I use Clover 5141. Sorted out config and quirks. All fresh kexts.
Everything went well until the final stage.
Get stuck on Apple logo, which appears anyway even with -v enabled.
Graphics: GeForce GT 730
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Moved your thread as it was not a Guide.

First thing to do is update your Hardware Profile so people know what PC you are talking about (GT730 etc is different to an HD4600 etc).

Your problem sounds like the GPU switch-over. What model GT730 are you using? Did you use the GT730 with Catalina?

:)

Yes, I did use MSI GeForce GT730 (N730K-2GD3H/LP) with Catalina

Last edited:
Should be iMac15,1 with a Haswell system running with a discrete GPU.

Posting a copy of your CLOVER EFI folder would give us a better chance of seeing where any problems lie. Just remember to delete your serial number from the config.plist before posting a copy here.

Thanks for replying. Here's my EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    23.4 MB · Views: 26
Thanks for replying. Here's my EFI.
later versions of clover has opencore mashed in, you need to add in the new entries into your config.plist

or transition over to opencore

I'm aware of that. No problem modifying config.plist. What do I need to add? Thanks

I'm aware of that. No problem modifying config.plist. What do I need to add? Thanks
I haven't used clover in a few years now, you are going to need to check over the wiki:

probably a lot easier to use opencore though, as then it is just the one bootloader you need to learn:

I haven't used clover in a few years now, you are going to need to check over the wiki:

probably a lot easier to use opencore though, as then it is just the one bootloader you need to learn:

Not a good time for the opencore right now in the middle of upgrade, though. Thanks

Back