Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Catalina post installation Stuck on “apfs module start”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried it out. No dice. Here is a picture of the results.
can you please try again. make sure you have CFG lock, VT-d, serial port disabled in BIOS settings. Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.8 MB · Views: 574
can you please try again. make sure you have CFG lock, VT-d, serial port disabled in BIOS settings. Thanks

I confirmed all that, no luck

But, some progress has been made though.

It would take far too long to go through and say every single thing that I did, I am just going to post my new EFI instead.

Basically, with this new revised EFI, I am no longer (as far as I can tell) having that same APFS error. Now, it begins to boot like a working hackintosh would but then errors out with a memory error. I have attached a picture. A few very good signs though is that it gets through about 70 percent of the progress bar before it errors, and it loads the progress bar very VERY fast just like my Majove install does. Also, both my mouse and keyboard come on when the progress bar starts loading. They was not doing that before.

The specific error message reads:
** In Memory Panic Stackshot Succeeded ** Bytes Traced 39808 **

I attached an image of that error.

SO now I am researching and am not finding a lot of info about this error message yet.

Attachments

• Revised EFI.zip
    20 MB · Views: 132
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 6.54.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 6.54.56 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 278
now I am researching and am not finding a lot of info about this error message yet
Any information relevant to diagnosis of the problem has scrolled off the top of the screen. You should video the boot process and extract the frame(s) showing the kernel panic to post here.

Any information relevant to diagnosis of the problem has scrolled off the top of the screen. You should video the boot process and extract the frame(s) showing the kernel panic to post here.

I recorded the boot but it is almost impossible to read. Th text just goes way too fast and the camera on both my iPad and phone could not pick it up very well. I tried like 30 different times to record it and could not get a good recording. Is there a way to output the text to a file?

Video:

I doubt you can read it but worth a try.

same hear i am olso stuck in aps my motherboard asus z270f and cpu i7 6700k .

Attachments
  • EFI.zip
    18.8 MBViews: 15 . work for me thankyou man soooooooo muchhhhhhhhh

Last edited:
Freaking FINALLY! Success.

After researching and patching and researching and patching, I got it going

I lost the thread link but I found someone with a similar ASUS setup to mine, downloaded there EFI, made some changes to it to suit my board as best I could and tried it and it worked. I have no freaking clue what voodoo this person did to this EFI that made it work though, I looked it over from top to bottom and everything with it I had already tried 1000 times before.

That must be some good magic right there.

So here it is, my working Catalina EFI.

Oh yes, ASUS users who are using the same board as me or the same BIOS, I got confirmation from ASUS that for my specific board, the latest bios version that I can upgrade to that will allow me to downgrade my bios if I need to is 1005. For any version after 1005, it is forward moving only, meaning that the board will only let you upgrade, not downgrade

This is important information because while researching and trying to get this all working, I came across a lot of users who said that going past 1005 not only did not work for Catalina but also completely broke there existing Majove install that was working fine before the update.

So update to 1005 and try to get your install going but I do not recommend updating past 1005.

WiFi is not working and I believe that sleep needs some work. I have not had time to thoroughly put it through the ropes yet. Everything else is geat so far though.

And lastly, I want to thank everyone on this thread who did everything they could to help me out. It was all the information that you all provided that helped me figure this out. You guys are great!

Attachments

• ASUS Catalina EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,673
Was having similar problems on an Asus H370M-plus, used your files and it installed Catalina. It did say install not complete, and something about not being blessed, but I just rebooted each time and it kept progressing through the full install. Super happy to find this post. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back