- Sep 22, 2011
- HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
- UHD 630
- Mobile Phone
*** Deleted ***
I was wondering about this? What were your steps involved?I would appreciate any advice on my OC to-do list below. Thank you for any help.
This rig runs well with OC 0.6.3. I'm still booting verbose, so I haven't assessed the boot time. My OC to-do list is as follows:
At this point, I don't want to go back to CLOVER on this HackPro5,1. I'm using it less and less, so it's a good sandbox for OC learning.
- Install OC on SSD: I'm currently booting OC (Legacy) from a USB Stick. I made an attempt at installing OC on my SSD, but the system wouldn't boot. I duplicated the install method that I used for the USB (BootInstall_X64 utility), but that didn't work for some reason.
- System does not restart: Attempts to restart result in a dark screen which then requires manual reboot. System shuts down without problems.
- Binary Patch AMD9500Controller.kext: See here
- Fix RTC Length: My DSDT still includes the RTC patch for CLOVER (change length from 4 to 2) to prevent RTC corruption. I made one attempt at changing the RTC length to 4 and added RTCMemoryFixup.kext, but RTC was corrupted and I had to reconfigure my BIOS.
- Remove -v from boot-args and assess boot time with OC
- Run various performance tests to compare to CLOVER
I'm sure that we'll be able to install Big Sur on our systems with either OC or CLOVER (now that CLOVER uses OC kext injection and OC OpenRuntime/Quirks). I'm brand new to OC, so I'm still learning a lot. I followed the Dortania guide for installing OC Legacy BIOS boot loader on a USB stick. When I tried to duplicate the OC installation on my SSD, my system didn't boot. I am focused on my HackMini8,1 now, so I didn't spend any time trying to figure out why SSD booting with OC didn't work for me on this rig. If you want to figure it out and post your solution, that would be great! My OC EFI for this HackPro5,1 is attached. If it helps, you can look at my HackMini8,1 OC work starting here. I learned a lot more about OC since creating the EFI for this HackPro5,1 (so that I could create the EFI for my HackMini8,1), so I'm certain that I missed a lot when creating the EFI for this HackPro5,1.I was wondering about this? What were your steps involved?
So at this point you are not able to start-up from the OC installed to your SSD, but you are able to when it is from the USB drive? Our boards are very similar and I do not think the differences will be that much when it comes to an OC install.
I wonder if this will allow you to see the Big Sur Update and run that install as well?