Contribute
Register

Can't get drivers working for GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is my patched CodecCommander.kext. Use Kext Wizard to install it to the /Library/Extensions folder and be sure to add the darkwake=8 boot flag to your config as well.

Oh man, you're a legend, I have audio from speakers and my headphone jack now... but there is something strange going on, I'm not sure if it's meant to be like this or not.

If I play audio (say from a youtube video) for even a second and then pause it, there is a very low-frequency sort of "buzzing" sound anytime I move my mouse, and it is consistent with the mouse movement. After a few seconds it stops again until I play or receive audio again. It almost sounds like the speakers have white noise emitting from them, but after a few seconds of the buzzing, the speakers seem to turn off and the noise stops; is this just a byproduct of all this driver hacking, or is there something else at play?

Oh man, you're a legend, I have audio from speakers and my headphone jack now... but there is something strange going on, I'm not sure if it's meant to be like this or not.

If I play audio (say from a youtube video) for even a second and then pause it, there is a very low-frequency sort of "buzzing" sound anytime I move my mouse, and it is consistent with the mouse movement. After a few seconds it stops again until I play or receive audio again. It almost sounds like the speakers have white noise emitting from them, but after a few seconds of the buzzing, the speakers seem to turn off and the noise stops; is this just a byproduct of all this driver hacking, or is there something else at play?

That's something else. My ALC1150 audio is crystal clear. I'm not sure what is causing that issue.

That's something else. My ALC1150 audio is crystal clear. I'm not sure what is causing that issue.

Yeah I'm at a loss as well, I may do a clean format of my Win 10 drive and see if that might possibly fix things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back