GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (rev. 1.3) with 16 Gb 1333Mhz DDR3
CPU
Sandy Bridge i5-2500K OC'd to 4.3 GhZ
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050ti /w 4Gb vram
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

I have had a very stable hackintosh system running on Intel i5-2500k CPU on a Z68 based Gigabyte motherboard for the last 4 years. Recently my board burned out, but since my CPU and 16Gb of DDR3 RAM was perfectly functional, decided not to go for a new 7th gen system, and just replaced the mobo with an Asus P8Q77 Business oriented board (options for 2nd/3rd gen hardware are severely limited) It has a UEFI BIOS, updated to the latest version.

My installation of OSX Sierra (10.12.4, system id iMac 13, 2) is on a SSD, which I connected, after turning on AHCI mode and enabling HPET it could not recognise the bootloader. I had taken a carbon cloner copy on an external Samsung T1 SSD, which on the old board was able to boot directly from USB3 , no such luck here. Windows 10 (on a separate SSD) boots up without incident.

Can anyone tell how do I get my clover bootloader to show up after POST and boot into Sierra

Thank you in advance for any assistance

Last edited:
Hi

I have had a very stable hackintosh system running on Intel i5-2500k CPU on a Z68 based Gigabyte motherboard for the last 4 years. Recently my board burned out, but since my CPU and 16Gb of DDR3 RAM was perfectly functional, decided not to go for a new 7th gen system, and just replaced the mobo with an Asus P8Q77 Business oriented board (options for 2nd/3rd gen hardware are severely limited) It has a UEFI BIOS, updated to the latest version.

My installation of OSX Sierra (10.12.4, system id iMac 13, 2) is on a SSD, which I connected, after turning on AHCI mode and enabling HPET it could not recognise the bootloader. I had taken a carbon cloner copy on an external Samsung T1 SSD, which on the old board was able to boot directly from USB3 , no such luck here. Windows 10 (on a separate SSD) boots up without incident.

Can anyone tell how do I get my clover bootloader to show up after POST and boot into Sierra

Thank you in advance for any assistance
Presumably Windows was installed in UEFI 'mode'. You should inspect the EFI partitions of all drives in Windows to determine their contents, add firmware entries to Clover using e.g. EasyUEFI

But I was just connecting my single partition osx sdd , also carbon cloner ext
ssd has no windows in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back