Contribute
Register

Can't get audio to work on ASUS Z170-K, considering getting a sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi. First time making a Hackintosh and for some strange reason every little thing went as planned... except the audio. I've literally trawled through the entire forums for the past few days. I must have tried hundreds of methods. I've managed to get audio devices to show up but I still can't get audio from any of the ports. The strange thing is, I also can't play any video's or music on the entire system. Itunes doesn't even play, nothing will even start in VLC and no online video works in Chrome or Safari. I'll be honest, if i find a fairly simple solution in the future, I'll try it but I can't be assed anymore haha. Other than the audio, everything else is fantastic.

There's a user that poster a command script for Sierra which is supposed to sort out the Audio. That's what I used and it identified my audio devices and installed the necessary modifications but unfortunately still no audio.

What I was thinking of doing is getting one of those USB sound card things from Amazon. I've seen some people have got them and see quite a bit of success but I'm hesitant because my system seems to be cripped by it's lack of audio. I find that if i switch the audio to different lines and to the internal speakers while a video is playing, it will begin to play but with no sound... then stop after a while. Any online video is glitchy. Is sound a fundamental function that macs need to even run? aha. I'm a PC user so I'm just struggling to understand how a lack of audio stops media from being played on the entire system. Worthwhile getting a USB sound card?

Cheers, Danny.

ASUS Z170-K
16gb Corsair Vengeance
Skylake i5 6600

Attachments

• Screenshot at Oct 31 04-22-08.png
    Screenshot at Oct 31 04-22-08.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot at Oct 31 04-23-33.png
    Screenshot at Oct 31 04-23-33.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot at Oct 31 04-25-46.png