Contribute
Register

Can't boot after updating Clover to 5155

Well, after messing around for several hours, here is where I am at...

I am not able to create the Catalina USB installer because I am unable to boot into Restore to turn off SIP. I tried creating a separate Restore drive USB to boot from, but that gets me the same Gray Screen and no access to Utilities.

I was able to boot using the OSX 10.11 USB installer I mentioned earlier and disable SIP. But after rebooting into the regular OS, it was re-enabled - so that didn't work.

I thought I might try unsing CarbonCopy Cloner to restore from the backup I made, but I guess for the same reasons mentioned earlier, the drive(s) are not recognized. So that idea is moot.

I might be able to make a Catalina boot USB using the dosdude1 macOS Catalina Patcher but I don't know if that will do me any good. With all that said - got any more ideas?

Would anyone know if this possibility might work...

New HD - do a clean install of Catalina. Then use that to facillitate the changes needed to the other main boot drive.

If that is a possibility, what would, or should I do to fix my issues that way?

Well, I have been at this for a couple days now, trying to rescue my Catalina Disk.
So far no success with anything I have tried, including creating any kind of USB booters.

I have a question regarding the Clover EUFI or Legacy Boot Mode - From the description, it appears to install clover to the EFI Partition. If I whatever compatible version of that to my unbootable Catalina drive, would that allow me to boot into it? Or would I just mess things up further?

I'm still looking for a way to revert the Clover Update I did. I really need to get this drive to work again.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Back