GeForce GTX 560ti 448
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys I'm at a loss here.

I'm finally trying to install Mavericks on my 10.8.5 hackintosh, but I simply can't reach the install screen.

The weird thing is that people with similar builds does not seem to have any problems installing mavericks...
I've followed tonymacx's guide and guides specific to the P8Z77 mobo, but none get me any further.
I've tried every boot flag I could think of to no avail.

Attached is a picture of where verbose hangs.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Build:
Asus p8z77
Intel i5 3570k
Gtx 560ti 448 (however I'm using the integrated hd4000 graphics for installing)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 187
Did you do the patch for your motherboard? You were supposed to alter the power management. I have p8Z77, and I am afraid to mass with it- making new build instead.

What flags have you tried?

Well... Where to start?
I've of course booted in safe mode, that's what you try immediately when something's not working correctly.
Other than that, graphicsenabler yes and no for both igpu and the gtx, pcirootuid 0 and 1, usekernelcache yes and no, -f, -F, npci 0x2000 and 3000, CPUs=1 - and various combinations of those. I might be missing a few, but if you have any suggestions I'd be very interested to hear them :)

Did you do the patch for your motherboard? You were supposed to alter the power management. I have p8Z77, and I am afraid to mass with it- making new build instead.

Do you mean a patched BIOS? Yeah I grabbed one off of the repo. Installed via the flashback feature, was very easy.
I understand your reluctance to mess with the BIOS, but as long as you keep a non-patched version on a USB drive you can flashback to that, should any problems occur with the patched one :)

Do you mean a patched BIOS? Yeah I grabbed one off of the repo. Installed via the flashback feature, was very easy.
I understand your reluctance to mess with the BIOS, but as long as you keep a non-patched version on a USB drive you can flashback to that, should any problems occur with the patched one :)

Yup, the patched BIOS isn't an issue.

Okay, well have you tried redoing your Unibeast installer for Mavericks? Also, are you sure your BIOS settings are correct. I had an issue with an Asus P8Z77 board where the BIOS even though it was flashed hampered the boot process.

Yup, the patched BIOS isn't an issue.

Okay, well have you tried redoing your Unibeast installer for Mavericks? Also, are you sure your BIOS settings are correct. I had an issue with an Asus P8Z77 board where the BIOS even though it was flashed hampered the boot process.

I deleted my Mavericks unibeast install and installed ML on the USB flash instead to see if there was any difference. The ML installer loaded perfectly with PCIRootUID=0, so I guess there's something in my system or BIOS that Mavericks doesn't like. I'm perfectly happy with ML so I think I'm just going to wait with installing 10.9. I'll post back if I find a solution when I try again.

Thanks for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back