EVGA Geforce GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed OSX Mountain Lion 10.8 on my SSD, and it worked, I could use Safari and whatnot. When I shut it down and unplugged the USB (I had not install Multibeast Yet) it would not boot. I shut it down and plugged back in the USB, spam clicked F12 and chose to boot off of the USB. When in Chimera boot screen, I selected to boot of my SSD. It logged in succesfully, and I thought the problem was that I hadn't installed MultiBeast, so I did. When I shut it down and booted back up I got the Apple Logo, and the spinning wheel, then a blank screen.

Any ideas?

Had a similar issue. I had forgot to set up the correct boot order in bios.

Boot verbose -v...
It will give more clues hopefully.

Other than picking the right drive in bios "to TRIM or not to Trim that is the question"
My SSD would not boot with trim. Other SSD will not boot unless TRIM is enabled.
Search your particular SSD on forum for some hints.

Maybe it has SuddenSystemDeath.
SSD in general are notorious for "live fast,die young and leave a beautiful corpse"
Failure rate is 10/20 %

Your video card should work with Graphics Enabler = No.
It's a GT 640. Note Multibeast and Easybeast set Graphics Enabler= Yes by default.
At boot you can type in GraphicsEnabler= No.
The exact syntax is in .plist in extra file.
You could change it there or in Multibeast (boot options on bottom) or at boot time.

Also on forum check Moarfish Golden Build in section the Build on forum and Miramar's build.
These are similar builds. My build is similar too. This is a very good board to work with.
It's probably something simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back