Contribute
Register

Build advice for Sierra and Creative Suite 6 specifically

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lix Do you specifically need Sierra or High Sierra? Because I see that CS6 can still run in Mojave.

Spoofing just pretends it's an older generation to match SMBIOS and please macOS. Once that generation check is done, macOS will gladly find a 6-core "Kaby Lake" and use it. Just like, at another end of the price spectrum, macOS gladly finds a 32-core "Comet Lake" in a disguised i9-13900K. MacOS does NOT look up ark.intel.com for consistency… :lol:

(I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds themselves looking through Intel Ark on a regular basis!! :lol: )

Hi I’ve read the archive build threads having found out retrospectively that my Ryzen hackintosh wouldn’t run Sierra/High Sierra.
What's the specification of your Ryzen system?

OpenCore supports AMD Ryzen systems on High Sierra and newer. OC doesn't support installing Sierra natively, but definitely supports installing High Sierra. The latest AMD Kernel Patches include 10.13.x.

There are a number of Terminal commands that fix issues some Adobe software has when run on AMD Hacks.

I have High Sierra 10.13.6 and CS6 running successfully on my Z390 configuration on my profile.
I still use Clover on this configuration. Rolling from previous hacks. Works very well.
Thanks for reply, did you install from discs? I'm finding recalling difficult as it was over a year ago. I think I got catalina and mojave to boot on ryzen. Can't remember if I got High Sierra to work and then had the installer issue. Googled, couldn't find a solution and put it back in the box and gave up. My own fault for not doing enough reading.

What's the specification of your Ryzen system?

OpenCore supports AMD Ryzen systems on High Sierra and newer. OC doesn't support installing Sierra natively, but definitely supports installing High Sierra. The latest AMD Kernel Patches include 10.13.x.

There are a number of Terminal commands that fix issues some Adobe software has when run on AMD Hacks.
Asus B550M-PLUS, Ryzen 3600, GTX 1060
I gave up and put it back in its box. Maybe I should have another try. Will have to start from scratch, I never made note and no chance of remembering what I did.

@Lix Do you specifically need Sierra or High Sierra? Because I see that CS6 can still run in Mojave.
I think I may have tried in mojave and the installer wouldn't work, can't remember the error but couldn't find anyone who had been able to do it, that lead me back to Sierra and HS.

I think I may have tried in mojave and the installer wouldn't work, can't remember the error but couldn't find anyone who had been able to do it, that lead me back to Sierra and HS.
There is a way around it. Try this, Install.app -> Right click -> Show Package Contents -> Contents -> MacOS -> Install -> Right click and click open to run.

Update:
Just tried to run CS6 Master Collection Install app on Mojave using the method above. Gave me an error on first try but worked on a second try. Opening Install.app by double clicking the app itself seems to work fine as well. But IIRC, I had to use the terminal app to run the installer for the first time. Just give it a few trys.

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 11.58.11 AM.png

Also, if you want to install Sierra on Coffee Lake, it should work as mentioned by many experienced users above. Here is my Comet Lake running in Sierra. All fine including iGPU acceleration. Just need some CPUID and device-id spoofing.

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 10.51.36 PM.png

Last edited:
Asus B550M-PLUS, Ryzen 3600, GTX 1060
I gave up and put it back in its box. Maybe I should have another try. Will have to start from scratch, I never made note and no chance of remembering what I did.
The EFI attached below is set to work with an AMD 6-Core CPU, B550 motherboard, running macOS High Sierra or newer.

It needs the following before it should be used:
  1. SMBIOS data for iMacPro1,1, i.e MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID. This should be generated using Corpnewt's GenSMBIOS script:
    1. https://github.com/corpnewt/GenSMBIOS
Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 20.38.24.png

UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion are already set for High Sierra APFS.

Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit has been enabled, as I doubt you have a USBMap.kext or USBPorts.kext for this system.

Web Drivers for Nvidia GPU.
  1. Nvidia Web Drivers (NWD) boot argument nvda_drv_vrl=1 has been included in the config.plist for your GTX 1060.
  2. It may need disabling and replacing with nv_disable=1 while you are installing and updating High Sierra.
  3. The nvda_drv_vrl=1 boot argument will need to be reinstated once the NWD's have been installed.
Rename the folder to EFI, copy it to the EFI partition on a USB macOS High Sierra installer and it should work.

Attachments

• EFI-AMD-6-core.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 32
@Lix Alternative to using the Nvidia Web Drivers would be to swap your GTX 1060 out and use the Radeon HD 5770 from your X58 system.

The HD 5770 Legacy AMD GPU is natively supported in High Sierra.

Reactions: Lix
Thanks for reply, did you install from discs? I'm finding recalling difficult as it was over a year ago. I think I got catalina and mojave to boot on ryzen. Can't remember if I got High Sierra to work and then had the installer issue. Googled, couldn't find a solution and put it back in the box and gave up. My own fault for not doing enough reading.
I installed High Sierra from the Apple store download.
I normally do a full backup of the previous version and do a clean install from the new version installer.

Reactions: Lix
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back