CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Some more testing on my end. If I remove the SSDT-PNLF from the patched folder, my laptop boots with full brightness every single time, no brightness controls obviously. As soon as I add Fraxul or RehabMan's SSDT-PNLF I immediately boot to a black screen almost every time.

I'm going to keep using it in this configuration and see what happens. I can deal with no brightness controls for the time being as long as the random kernel panics are gone.

Attached PR files without the SSDT-PNLF for reference, as well as whatevergreen debug log. Without SSDT-PNLF whatevergreen log is clean, no trampoline errors and CLFWriteRegister is being wrapped.
Try with basic PNLF that has correct _UID (no _INI code for fixing PWM setup).
You could also simply comment out the code that is setting up PWM.

Motherboard
Asus TUF FX504GE (Clover)
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630, Nvidia 1050ti, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
Android
Glad the issue is finally solved. It is fully working for me. No black screen issue. Backlight control working. Also, backlight level is being restored properly across reboots.

Don't have enough words to thank the awesome people who worked on it and fixed it.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Glad the issue is finally solved. It is fully working for me. No black screen issue. Backlight control working. Also, backlight level is being restored properly across reboots.
Nothing resolved until post #1 is re-written to contain completely tested/verified solution.

Motherboard
Asus TUF FX504GE (Clover)
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630, Nvidia 1050ti, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
Android
Nothing resolved until post #1 is re-written to contain completely tested/verified solution.
Right. I was just saying it is working for me. Let's just wait for a more stable fix which works for all and then this issue would be gone and post #1 rewritten to contain all the info needed on fixing this issue properly.

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 - Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630/GTX 1060 - 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Try with basic PNLF that has correct _UID (no _INI code for fixing PWM setup).
You could also simply comment out the code that is setting up PWM.
Is there a specific place to find the correct _UID? I tried using zero instead of 9, and I boot without a black screen but still no backlight controls.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is there a specific place to find the correct _UID? I tried using zero instead of 9, and I boot without a black screen but still no backlight controls.
_UID values are documented in the comments in SSDT-PNLF.dsl.
I added SSDT-PNLFCFL.dsl to the hotpatch github for testing.
CFL uses 19.
The _UID corresponds to the brightness profile in AppleBacklightFixup.kext Info.plist (or equiv. in WhateverGreen).

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 - Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
_UID values are documented in the comments in SSDT-PNLF.dsl.
I added SSDT-PNLFCFL.dsl to the hotpatch github for testing.
CFL uses 19.
The _UID corresponds to the brightness profile in AppleBacklightFixup.kext Info.plist (or equiv. in WhateverGreen).
Got it! I was looking at the barebones SSDT-PNLF from Fraxul and it didn't have the _UID values listed in the comments. Looking at the one from your github I see them now.

I put 19 in the _UID section and so far I'm 5/5 reboots with backlight working and have working backlight controls. Will report back with more testing.

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 - Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
SSDT-PNLFCFL.dsl is already coded for _UID=19.
I didn't even see the SSDT-PNLFCFL.dsl in there! Just popped into my patched folder. So far so good. 2/2 reboots with working backlight and backlight controls with that one.
I'll let you know how it goes over the next few days.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I didn't even see the SSDT-PNLFCFL.dsl in there!
Because of people doing random things (such as basing PNLF on ACPI 100!), ... I just added it, as clarification of what I mean by "simple PNLF".

Just popped into my patched folder. So far so good. 2/2 reboots with working backlight and backlight controls with that one.
I'll let you know how it goes over the next few days.
Please make sure your brightness levels are the same before sleep/wake cycle and after sleep/wake cycle.