Contribute
Register

Broadwell E - i7-6950X x99 - Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really have a profile i just mostly been configuring the settings as told. You mean in the Bios or config.plist?

Does the cpu factor in with X99? Or is it strictly the X99 chipset and the features the board has??? I have a 5820K and wanted to know if I have the identical system as someone here but just my CPU changed, will that matter?

I would say u got 50/50 chance. Coz its the same as us trying to switch from 5960x to 6950x. And only a few has got that to work. Sometimes it's not just changing a number in the voodoo lecture.

I don't really have a profile i just mostly been configuring the settings as told. You mean in the Bios or config.plist?

Not sure if they are profiles but when your system is equal to a Mac Pro 3,1, etc....

I did it, i mean all of the elements (separated) are fully OK (mobo and so on)
the CPU was tested (batch) rock stable on other mounting (same mobo)

the dual cuda video cards are also Ok in dual configuration

my mobo let me disconnect (or i mean disabling) PCI ports with just a button so no pb at all if the cuda are making troubles
for example: titan x in port 1 and prot 3 or 2 makeing pbs?: ok jumper off and mobo consider that just ONE titan x is ok and installed

all my system is not extra original, lot of experts here made it seperately
(titan X: Ok, 6950x OC: OK, raid 0 of M2 on PCIe: OK...)

me i just add all their system fully OK in one!
and i know it is source of problems (2 configurations OK mixed can produce problems)

but love challenge and i started hack in 2011 (i did some OK so let's try and let see)

about upgrading CPU, many did it w/o problems but in my opinion starting from scratch is a better way (and moreeeee longer and complicated YES)

also taking exclusively a mobo which is validated by a member (who posted results and methods)
for me ASUS and only ASUS (rampage V extreme is the one that no one had problems to install a 6950x from scratch with the last bios)

we will see,
my huge regret is that the pascal titan x are out now and the webdrivers are not ready for it, but when we can see the results (not OC) of the Pascal against the Maxwell (on window$):
i think that the difference of price is acceptable (for pro of rendering)
but at this time is tooooo risky to buy 1080 or Titan X Pascal...

so i stay on the cuda of dual titan x!

no pb as i promised i will make step by step (in term of building and configuration)
but some members did great "step by step methods" that it should be difficult to mess up totally, some pbs will happen i am ready for it but it looks that it should be pretty fun finally!
I received my trident Z 8 x 16 GB (F4-3200C15)
:)

Hi GDS, I admire ur dedication. And I think we could help each other out coz I also have RVE w/ 6950x and dual Strix 980ti also custom wc. However I am running soft tubing coz I don't got the space and time to do hardline.

I would strongly suggest that u test all ur parts and install EC or windows or whatever OS u plan to run first before u start taking things apart and installing water blocks. It will be a pain in the ass once u have everything assembled and found out that u need to take something out. Just a heads up. A lot of ppl have issues trying to get dual titan X to boot the first time. Most of them have to do all the post install with one titan X before install the second gpu. That's why I suggest to get the wc going after u have the OS sorted.

Just to let u know I also had my system fully running 10.11.6 with 5960x by following a guide from IM. Then I came across this thread and thought it would be a simple CPU swap for 6950x like Axe said. And boy am I wrong.... I don't regret upgrading the CPU. But now just pulling my hair out coz I don't know exactly what I need to get it to boot. It's combination of a lot of things to get it right. Clover installation settings, config.plist, kexts and patches, Ssdt and dsdt. All this stuff which I got no in depth knowledge of.

Let's hope Axe is kind enough to show us the way. If u get ur hack to work pls share ur settings and files. And I'll definitely do the same if I crack this. good luck with ur build. I'm waiting to see what kind of beast u r building.

SO how does one determine if a MB ASUS X99-Deluxe is Ver I or Ver II? I am interested in the i7-6950X but it appears that it is useable only on the Vers II board...or am I wrong on this?
Thanks in advance!
X99 Deluxe U/3.1 supports too Broadwell-E cpu from Bios 3004 on...

I did it, i mean all of the elements (separated) are fully OK (mobo and so on)
the CPU was tested (batch) rock stable on other mounting (same mobo)

the dual cuda video cards are also Ok in dual configuration

my mobo let me disconnect (or i mean disabling) PCI ports with just a button so no pb at all if the cuda are making troubles
for example: titan x in port 1 and prot 3 or 2 makeing pbs?: ok jumper off and mobo consider that just ONE titan x is ok and installed

all my system is not extra original, lot of experts here made it seperately
(titan X: Ok, 6950x OC: OK, raid 0 of M2 on PCIe: OK...)

me i just add all their system fully OK in one!
and i know it is source of problems (2 configurations OK mixed can produce problems)

but love challenge and i started hack in 2011 (i did some OK so let's try and let see)

about upgrading CPU, many did it w/o problems but in my opinion starting from scratch is a better way (and moreeeee longer and complicated YES)

also taking exclusively a mobo which is validated by a member (who posted results and methods)
for me ASUS and only ASUS (rampage V extreme is the one that no one had problems to install a 6950x from scratch with the last bios)

we will see,
my huge regret is that the pascal titan x are out now and the webdrivers are not ready for it, but when we can see the results (not OC) of the Pascal against the Maxwell (on window$):
i think that the difference of price is acceptable (for pro of rendering)
but at this time is tooooo risky to buy 1080 or Titan X Pascal...

so i stay on the cuda of dual titan x!

no pb as i promised i will make step by step (in term of building and configuration)
but some members did great "step by step methods" that it should be difficult to mess up totally, some pbs will happen i am ready for it but it looks that it should be pretty fun finally!
I received my trident Z 8 x 16 GB (F4-3200C15)
:)
Hi GDS,

Just want to let you know that I got the RVE & 6950x to boot.
I did not follow this guide. Instead I followed a guide on IM.
Everything is working at least all the things I need (USB3, WIFI, BLuetooth).
Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers

In the making of a x99 Deluxe II, 6850K & GTX970 w. Clover (r3696)
Did a BIOS patch (patch the bios and make a flashback from usb) and now with only NullCPU & VoodooTSC kexts I'm getting this KP (10.11.6 installed on separate SSD on og mac).

KP1.JPG

drivers64UEFI:

Test2.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
FSInject-64.efi

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 95
Did not follow this guide at all. But it did inspire me to upgrade my CPU. Here are my Geekbench scores Stock and OC.

Specs:
6950x
Rampage V Extreme
Dual Strix GTX 980Ti

RVE & 6950x Stock.png RVE & 6950x OC.png

In the making of a x99 Deluxe II, 6850K & GTX970 w. Clover (r3696)
Did a BIOS patch (patch the bios and make a flashback from usb) and now with only NullCPU & VoodooTSC kexts I'm getting this KP (10.11.6 installed on separate SSD on og mac).

View attachment 207491

drivers64UEFI:

Test2.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
FSInject-64.efi

Mardus I have the same motherboard and my processor is a 6950k. I was able to boot using http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/giacomoleopardos-workstation-triplet.199643/ suggestions. I would suggest following the bios and eft settings down to a T and you should be able to boot. I was able to get in 10.11.6 with his suggestions. I have three problems that i need to sort out

Ethernet not detected
Video drivers not installing after patching
Audio not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back