Contribute
Register

Broadwell E - i7-6950X x99 - Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mardus I have the same motherboard and my processor is a 6950k. I was able to boot using http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/giacomoleopardos-workstation-triplet.199643/ suggestions. I would suggest following the bios and eft settings down to a T and you should be able to boot. I was able to get in 10.11.6 with his suggestions. I have three problems that i need to sort out

Ethernet not detected
Video drivers not installing after patching
Audio not working

ITNerd,

Try install these kexts. There are 2 kexts for ethernet and I am not sure which kext u need for ethernet. But I use AppleIntelE1000e.kext for my Rampage. And these kext works for Rampage V Extreme and Deluxe Gen 1.

Attachments

• AppleGraphicsControl.kext.zip
    182 KB · Views: 113
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip
    126.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip
    47.2 KB · Views: 97
Mardus I have the same motherboard and my processor is a 6950k. I was able to boot using http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/giacomoleopardos-workstation-triplet.199643/ suggestions. I would suggest following the bios and eft settings down to a T and you should be able to boot. I was able to get in 10.11.6 with his suggestions. I have three problems that i need to sort out

Ethernet not detected
Video drivers not installing after patching
Audio not working
I can (atm) call it great success! I already had my eye on that thread but now followed it (allmost) to the T :)
Black screen w. 970 at first but then swapped for 690 (boot w. nv_disable=1), switched on the nvidia web driver, patched the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext, restarted with the 970 and it came up w. a picture. yay!

I can (atm) call it great success! I already had my eye on that thread but now followed it (allmost) to the T :)
Black screen w. 970 at first but then swapped for 690 (boot w. nv_disable=1), switched on the nvidia web driver, patched the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext, restarted with the 970 and it came up w. a picture. yay!

That's great! I'm about to try the Graphics kext patch because i keep running into the black screen with 980 and the web drivers still hasn't worked. Hopefully now it will....How did you get the audio to work?

ITNerd,

Try install these kexts. There are 2 kexts for ethernet and I am not sure which kext u need for ethernet. But I use AppleIntelE1000e.kext for my Rampage. And these kext works for Rampage V Extreme and Deluxe Gen 1.

Hi Saijohn,

I copied the kexts over but the graphics and audio is not working. I can "system extension cannot be used" I was able to get the nic card to work. It turns out that i needed to connect it to the secondary nic port. That took care of it. But i am still having the following issues

Audio not working
OS X still on OS X default graphics card
hackintosh freezes and shuts down occasionally.

Do you have any other recommendations? I feel like am so close to getting this fully up. I def hope you can help.

That's great! I'm about to try the Graphics kext patch because i keep running into the black screen with 980 and the web drivers still hasn't worked. Hopefully now it will....How did you get the audio to work?
Did not deal w./check the audio just yet (I don't need onboard anyway) but wifi works. Most probably one nic too..

Hi Saijohn,

I copied the kexts over but the graphics and audio is not working. I can "system extension cannot be used" I was able to get the nic card to work. It turns out that i needed to connect it to the secondary nic port. That took care of it. But i am still having the following issues

Audio not working
OS X still on OS X default graphics card
hackintosh freezes and shuts down occasionally.

Do you have any other recommendations? I feel like am so close to getting this fully up. I def hope you can help.

ITNerd,

Go to the links below to find a fix for black screen.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ssdt-gpu-graphics-card-injection.183354/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

I had the same issue before. If it is not rebooting back to Clover most likely it is in the desktop. Just your video card is not giving a signal from the port which u have your monitor connected to.

I know it is a lot of reading to do. But other than that I cant really offer much help coz I did not use this guide. I know I cannot post links from other sites. However, if you want to try another guide, google search "Easy installation of El Capitan (10.11.5) in 5960X CPU". I think it would make things a lot easier. Hope OP or Tony will not remove this message. Let me know how you progress.

Good Luck

ITNerd,

Go to the links below to find a fix for black screen.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ssdt-gpu-graphics-card-injection.183354/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

I had the same issue before. If it is not rebooting back to Clover most likely it is in the desktop. Just your video card is not giving a signal from the port which u have your monitor connected to.

I know it is a lot of reading to do. But other than that I cant really offer much help coz I did not use this guide. I know I cannot post links from other sites. However, if you want to try another guide, google search "Easy installation of El Capitan (10.11.5) in 5960X CPU". I think it would make things a lot easier. Hope OP or Tony will not remove this message. Let me know how you progress.

Good Luck

Thanks Saijohn i'll try to follow the guides. I saw the easy installation guide but i'm already deep into finally getting this to work i do not want to start from scratch again. I've already spent way too long working on this and i nearly gave up and just wanted to stick with Linux Mint but I have a lot of applications for Mac that i need to use so i just tried to get this up and running so i really don't want to start over. I will do some more reading and also follow up with the OP of the thread that got me up and running and hopefully he can shed some light on how the audio and video should work.

For some reason too when I restart it shutdowns my machine so i'm not sure if that could be related to the bios settings or something else. I'm willing to look at suggestions but it's really an overload of information all over the place that its really difficult to figure out where to start without messing up your current installation. Only thing not working for me now is sound and video. It shutdowns occasionally but it's not that much i can live with that. I just need my audio and video to work. Other than that i am happy that my machine is finally at a working level unlike before when i ran into fixdrv mem error.

the thing is, after installing web drivers (and you absolutely need to patch the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext) you have to restart and log in once more with nv_disabled=1, THEN switch from osx drivers to web drivers and after that you can use nvda_drv=1. At least it was so in my case - the first restart gave me a black screen, then I swapped back to 690 to get to the desktop to change the driver.

Another trick would be remote-desktopping / screen sharing into your machine to change the driver...

Hi GDS,

Just want to let you know that I got the RVE & 6950x to boot.
I did not follow this guide. Instead I followed a guide on IM.
Everything is working at least all the things I need (USB3, WIFI, BLuetooth).
Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers

DEAL :) :) :)
u are great to propose me so...
i appreciate a lot (as the others of the community too of course!)

i will see what is happen on my side (i love to try and try and if i cannot: at the last, asking to community but thx a lot again

a question did u try to OC the 6950X?
edit: i saw your results (pretty good score congrats)

i did on windows (not on the same plateform than mine (but a R-V extreme) and it was pretty good so i expect (as all the OCers a good result)

did u feel a difference with CUDA?
(2 x 980Ti should be a difference)

my program: photoscan pro, they planned (with their program) to a reduction of 20% of time for a calculation and rendering (we speak about 2 hours total time so 20% it is always good to take)

Thanks Saijohn i'll try to follow the guides. I saw the easy installation guide but i'm already deep into finally getting this to work i do not want to start from scratch again. I've already spent way too long working on this and i nearly gave up and just wanted to stick with Linux Mint but I have a lot of applications for Mac that i need to use so i just tried to get this up and running so i really don't want to start over. I will do some more reading and also follow up with the OP of the thread that got me up and running and hopefully he can shed some light on how the audio and video should work.

For some reason too when I restart it shutdowns my machine so i'm not sure if that could be related to the bios settings or something else. I'm willing to look at suggestions but it's really an overload of information all over the place that its really difficult to figure out where to start without messing up your current installation. Only thing not working for me now is sound and video. It shutdowns occasionally but it's not that much i can live with that. I just need my audio and video to work. Other than that i am happy that my machine is finally at a working level unlike before when i ran into fixdrv mem error.

Well, just think about it. The choice is yours and there are more than one way to do this.
But just want to let you know that if u r willing to start over, it would probably take u an hour or 2 to get it running.
That was how long it took me. and I dont even know exactly what I was doing. Just simply following the guide.
Anyways, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back