Contribute
Register

Broadwell E - i7-6950X x99 - Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
@axehomeyg
Would you mind to share your EFI\CLOVER folder here, please? I'm interested in config.plist, ACPI\patched, kext and drivers64UEFI folders.
Thanks in advance
G.

Great news.

However, I doubt the lack of native support would have negative impact on real world performance compared to Windows.

@axehomeyg what options did you have to set in the config.plist and Clover installation? I've been trying all I can think of in both Unibeast and Clover, but can't get my system to boot with the 6950x. I will try your suggestion tomorrow of installing in a different machine.
Did you succeed this way to?

Hey guys,

I also have a similiar setup to most of you.
Asus X99 Deluxe II
i7-6950X
EVGA GTX 980
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe
Brillistix 128gb ram

These are pretty much my core devices so i hope you guys find a fix to get this working.

SO how does one determine if a MB ASUS X99-Deluxe is Ver I or Ver II? I am interested in the i7-6950X but it appears that it is useable only on the Vers II board...or am I wrong on this?
Thanks in advance!

SO how does one determine if a MB ASUS X99-Deluxe is Ver I or Ver II? I am interested in the i7-6950X but it appears that it is useable only on the Vers II board...or am I wrong on this?
Thanks in advance!

If i am not mistaken you should be able to use that processor on either motherboard since it's an x99. The only thing is Ver II supports up to 128gb while Ver I only supports up to 64gb.

I attached a pdf comparing both if you need it.

Attachments

• ASUS USA Deluxe I vs Deluxe II.pdf
    264 KB · Views: 172
Sorry Bradish I was wrong. A X-99 Deluxe only accepts 22nm cpu which is the ivy bridge. Motherboards (X-99 Deluxe II) that support 14nm cpu is compatible for the 6800-6950x processors

Holaaaaa.
From Argentina i did a configuration similar and its working like a champion.
But because de fakecpuid i dont have sensors...
so mi nvidia 980 its all the time in max fan.
Can you help me???
i love you

Sorry Bradish I was wrong. A X-99 Deluxe only accepts 22nm cpu which is the ivy bridge. Motherboards (X-99 Deluxe II) that support 14nm cpu is compatible for the 6800-6950x processors

OK and thanks for the information. If the market continues as it has I may jump for a new MB and i7-6950X. It is a very tempting build.

OK and thanks for the information. If the market continues as it has I may jump for a new MB and i7-6950X. It is a very tempting build.

It definitely is! I am dying to get it working so i can really test it. I know it's not my hardware because I installed linux mint 18 on the main hdd as a test and i know it works fine. I need this hack installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back