Contribute
Register

Broadwell E - i7-6950X x99 - Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEAL :) :) :)
u are great to propose me so...
i appreciate a lot (as the others of the community too of course!)

i will see what is happen on my side (i love to try and try and if i cannot: at the last, asking to community but thx a lot again

a question did u try to OC the 6950X?
edit: i saw your results (pretty good score congrats)

i did on windows (not on the same plateform than mine (but a R-V extreme) and it was pretty good so i expect (as all the OCers a good result)

did u feel a difference with CUDA?
(2 x 980Ti should be a difference)

my program: photoscan pro, they planned (with their program) to a reduction of 20% of time for a calculation and rendering (we speak about 2 hours total time so 20% it is always good to take)

I havent had time to install all the programs yet. But the utilization of dual GPUs really depends on the software you are using. So i am not sure how it would be with the 6950x. But I have never experience any lag even when I was running 5960x. Whether I was using software that was CPU or GPU intensive.

all the programs that i will use are CUDA based (cause only under Mac OS X so by the way: no SLI) :p
meaning that if they "invite" ppl to have mini 2 graphic cards on mac for upgrade the performances (instead of only one) i think that "webdrivers Nvidia" are built for it!

on the tests (on the programs i said), between the 59xx and the 6950x the difference is great but the biggest interest for me it is the multi-tasks cause i am on computer all day long so this is a good thing for me...

As i said, my regret is that the Titan X Pascal are not Ok on a Hack :(
but prices of titan X Maxwell are getting down so... :D :p

Don't think u will be losing to much. Titan X or Titan XP r both beasts of graphics cards no matter how u slice it. :twisted:

all the programs that i will use are CUDA based (cause only under Mac OS X so by the way: no SLI) :p
meaning that if they "invite" ppl to have mini 2 graphic cards on mac for upgrade the performances (instead of only one) i think that "webdrivers Nvidia" are built for it!

on the tests (on the programs i said), between the 59xx and the 6950x the difference is great but the biggest interest for me it is the multi-tasks cause i am on computer all day long so this is a good thing for me...

As i said, my regret is that the Titan X Pascal are not Ok on a Hack :(
but prices of titan X Maxwell are getting down so... :D :p

For sure it will be TITAN X (M) not Pascal
cause dont like to test and test, it is a work station so needs to be useful 24/24

and the price going down crazy (everybody having Titan X M want titan X P so on second hand it is not so expensive an EVGA here it is for much less than a 980Ti)
so calculation done is not so "expensive" if you see the interest on a lot of work everyday...
(but need more power: AX1500i) and so on!

it was just a reflexion of a G33K when something exists better: it is always "better in mind" (less for the wallet) :p

anyway thx, i will let you know when it will be done and ready!

Don't think u will be losing to much. Titan X or Titan XP r both beasts of graphics cards no matter how u slice it. :twisted:

I think u can get away with a EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W G2 PSU.
It's a lot cheaper than the AX1500i
I wanted that PSU but it is not available at my local PC shops.
Therefore, I got an AX1200i and it is perfectly fine.
For PSU, more head room does not mean you can push the system harder.
Check on Cooler Master's site and use their PSU calculator and see exactly how much power you need from a PSU.

For sure it will be TITAN X (M) not Pascal
cause dont like to test and test, it is a work station so needs to be useful 24/24

and the price going down crazy (everybody having Titan X M want titan X P so on second hand it is not so expensive an EVGA here it is for much less than a 980Ti)
so calculation done is not so "expensive" if you see the interest on a lot of work everyday...
(but need more power: AX1500i) and so on!

it was just a reflexion of a G33K when something exists better: it is always "better in mind" (less for the wallet) :p

anyway thx, i will let you know when it will be done and ready!

Last edited:
About my calculation: at the max of the max so meaning that 2 Pumps 450S at 24V + all the aquaero stuffs and fans 140mms , all the 4SSD and 2 M2-PCIe and so on for the titan X and 6959x OC
everything to make a BBQ with friends (24/24h and hard rendering at max OC) ;) :p

I come with 1330W (which is pretty correct!)

So again definitely right the SuperNOVA 1300 G2 is perfectly good and cheaper than the AX1200i in my place!
So think that it will make the job (i can play on the level of OC if not)

PS: i dont know how i calculated my needs before to find a AX1500i :p
but definitely not necessary and ouch the difference of Yens from the SuperNova and the AX1500i is huge so perfect advice again
;)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-08-24 à 23.36.50.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-08-24 à 23.36.50.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 140
Anyone got luck with i7 6800K?

I have had some success PM to keep post on topic and maybe we can start a new post together
Thanks for replying, Sorry but I'm not able to pm you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back