Contribute
Register

Booting MacOS Keeps on Rebooting Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the quote from OP is about the uploaded Screenshot showing the Memory map error [...."End Random Seed'] and failure to boot of the "macOS Mojave System Disk" NOT the Mojave USB Installer Flash Disk that was created later.

OP has a separate problem with the newly created Mojave USB Installer Flash Disk that "freezes on Apple logo" .
What is not clear is at what stage of Booting the USB Installer freezing on Apple Logo.

If the Mojave USB Installer disk has a 'good' /CLOVER/driver64UEFI folder with needed EFI files and the macOS Mojave System Disk has only corrupt or missing efi files in /CLOVER/driver64UEFI, there is a good chance OP might be able to boot the macOS Mojave System Disk through the macOS Mojave USB Installer Disk.

Editing the USB Installer won't make the macOS Mojave Sierra System Disk bootable until and unless its own CLOVER is repaired or reinstalled using some other means

If OP can connect his System Disk to a Real Mac and navigate to its mounted EFI and edit it, then the macOS Mojave Hard disk can boot without the "End Random Seed" Boot failure.

Other options like using Windows or Linux to edit CLOVER from the EFI Partition of macOS High Sierra HDD is doable but involves Diskpart through Elevated CMD prompt for example in Windows 10.

In my my opinion a Good USB Installer disk can help only in 2 ways but to achieve 2 different end results.
  • To help the macOS Mojave Disk to Boot through CLOVER Boot Manager to reach the Desktop and Repair its EFI/CLOVER or Reinstall Clover EFI Bootloader to make it bootable without USB installer.
  • Erase the maCOS Mojave System Disk and Re- install macOS Mojave on it.

Edited . SorryCaseySJ OP has in fact upgraded to Mojave but got a corrupt CLOVER on it that made it unbootable.

I misspoke referring it as macOS High Sierra in my post.

I will be editing that error and correcting that

@cmn699 Thank you for pointing that out. You're right, it's a problem with the EFI on the Mojave installation disk.

@DaSpikeSydavong Fortunately, the explanation in my last post is still applicable. Just perform those steps on the EFI partition of your Mojave internal disk. You can boot Mojave from the USB install disk and then make the changes to the Mojave internal disk.

These 370-series and 390-series Gigabyte motherboards are very sensitive to memory fix drivers. Only OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 works reliably after post-installation work is completed.

You are right about the 300 Series boards in general.
You know what, my holiday gifts of GA-Z370P D3 and its Intel CPU i5 8600K with Intel HD 630 Graphics are totally natively supported for Mojave.
Mojave Installation was smooth as butter like the Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.10 in UEFI!

• I have seen problem with use of AMD Radeon RX 560 in Mojave in the Forums. Since posters don't specify make of the Graphics card, it is hard to say which one is not working as expected.

• But in my above system MSI Radeon RX 560 4GB booted straight to my Mojave Desktop once I changed the BIOS to include CSM support after switching from IGFX to PCIE Graphics as Initial First Display.
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other had the latest FakeSMC.kext, lilu.kext, WhatEverGreen.kext, AppleALC.kext , XHCIunsupported kext and my ethernet.kext as before and config.plist _Devices and _Graphics needed no editing for Graphics : NO Fake ID, NO ig.p-id , NO Inject ATI!

• CLOVER/kexts/Other had the latest FakeSMC.kext, lilu.kext, WhatEverGreen.kext, AppleALC.kext , XHCIunsupported kext and my ethernet.kext as before and config.plist _Devices and _Graphics needed no editing for Graphics : NO Fake ID, NO ig.p-id , NO Inject ATI!
This is why I commented on your build post a few days ago! When you run Intel FB-Patcher, what graphics device ID does it show? Is it:
  • 3E98 8086
  • 3E92 8086
  • 3E9B 8086
  • Something else
On my 9th Gen i7-9700k, the native device ID is the first one (3E98), but if we leave this as-is, the non-accelerated standard VESA driver is attached instead of the accelerated AppleIntelFramebuffer. So I have to spoof this to either 3E9B or 3E92 to get accelerated video.

This is why I commented on your build post a few days ago! When you run Intel FB-Patcher, what graphics device ID does it show? Is it:
  • 3E98 8086
  • 3E92 8086
  • 3E9B 8086
  • Something else
On my 9th Gen i7-9700k, the native device ID is the first one (3E98), but if we leave this as-is, the non-accelerated standard VESA driver is attached instead of the accelerated AppleIntelFramebuffer. So I have to spoof this to either 3E9B or 3E92 to get accelerated video.
3E92.

Awesome!

Thanks @cmn123 and @casey for the help!

I made a copy of the Mojave drive before installing the latest update of Clover (at this point, system was booting into Mojave drive).

I think I'm going to erase the current Mojave drive, paste the info from the copied drive and see if it works.

My only question is :
  • Since I have an M.2 SSD and no adaptors to plug into my Macbook Pro, how can I erase and replace the files?
Thanks again!

Awesome!

I made a copy of the Mojave drive before installing the latest update of Clover (at this point, system was booting into Mojave drive).

I think I'm going to erase the current Mojave drive, paste the info from the copied drive and see if it works.

My only question is :
  • Since I have an M.2 SSD and no adaptors to plug into my Macbook Pro, how can I erase and replace the files?
Thanks again!
Before erasing the M.2 SSD, I would suggest:
  • Boot from the USB install disk (press F12 at BIOS screen and choose USB flash disk).
  • At Clover menu, choose the Mojave M.2 SSD and see if it boots.
We know that the Mojave M.2 SSD crashes when you boot directly from it. So that's why we want to boot from the USB install disk instead. The reason is:
  • There is an EFI boot partition on the Mojave M.2 SSD.
  • There is an EFI boot partition on the USB Flash disk.
  • If the EFI boot partition on Mojave M.2 SSD is not working, we can use the EFI boot partition on the USB flash disk.

Awesome!

My only question is :
Thanks again!

If you meant you have a Clone of your original Mojave disk prior to the botched Clover install , it would be splendid. You can just Clone that on to your current non-booting disk and cure it! Later if you have a need to upgrade Clover, you can try it more carefully.

If you meant you have a Clone of your original Mojave disk prior to the botched Clover install , it would be splendid. You can just Clone that on to your current non-booting disk and cure it! Later if you have a need to upgrade Clover, you can try it more carefully.

That's exactly what I meant!

The thing is, I don't know how I can clone the originial Mojave disk on my current non-booting disk? I don't have an M.2 to USB adaptor.

That's exactly what I meant!

The thing is, I don't know how I can clone the originial Mojave disk on my current non-booting disk? I don't have an M.2 to USB adaptor.
That's also the reason for my previous post!
  • If the clone disk is bootable (connect it, press F12 at BIOS, select the clone disk) you can always boot it and then clone its contents to the M.2 SSD.
  • But I think the clone will not boot because (a) the M.2 SSD did not boot before the Clover update, and (b) you might not have cloned the EFI partition from the M.2 SSD to the clone.
  • You can try to boot the clone either directly or by first booting from the USB and see what happens.
  • If clone also fails, leave the clone alone and let's try to fix the M.2 SSD itself. We can do that by following the steps in my last post.
  • The clone is the emergency backup, so we should FIRST try to make changes to the M.2 SSD.

Rectification
  • M.2 used to boot prior to the Clover update
  • I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the MAN.2, so it should have cloned the EFI partition too (hopefully)
I'll give it a try and get back to you guys!

Thanks and enjoy your weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back