Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Internal graphics
Hi,

I upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave recently and everything was working properly except that I was experiencing frame drops.

I decided to follow these steps (found on: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/)

''Preliminary
1. Remove:
- FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics
- IntelGraphicsFixup
- NvidiaGraphicsFixup
- CoreDisplayFixup
- Shiki''

Since I did not have the latest version of Clover, I downloaded Clover EFI Bootloader 4813 to change these preferences.

After downloading Clover EFI Bootloader 4813, I had to leave and shut down the computer.

The next time I restarted the computer, I saw the new Clover EFI Bootloader, but when booting macOS (my usual drive), it just restarted the whole computer. And everytime I try to boot from any other drive, it does not work

I even tried to create a new USB bootable drive (with Mojave) to make a fresh install, but it just freezes on the Apple logo...

I don't know what to do anymore, and I'm not tech savy...

Thanks in advance for the help !

Does not require Buying Advice - Moved to Mojave Desktop Support.

The next time I restarted the computer, I saw the new Clover EFI Bootloader, but when booting macOS (my usual drive), it just restarted the whole computer. And everytime I try to boot from any other drive, it does not work

I even tried to create a new USB bootable drive (with Mojave) to make a fresh install, but it just freezes on the Apple logo...
At the Clover boot screen, press Spacebar and enable "Verbose" mode. The Apple logo should not appear until the very end of the boot sequence. Instead of the logo, you'll see a bunch of log messages that should help to identify the problem. You can even take a screenshot when the freeze occurs and post it here.

Thanks for the help,

Here is the screenshot!

1546563576738.png

Where and how can I have access to this since my drive is not bootable?

In your initial post at #1 you stated

• You can use that USB Installer disk as First boot device in BIOS and /or access it pressing F-12 from Select Boot Device Screen and reach Clover Boot Manager (CBM)screen.
  • From CBM, scroll down to Options>Boot Args: and type in -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware -lilubeta -alcbeta
  • Return to CBM screen and select your System Disk (High Sierra that you tried to update CLOVER and ended up with the uploaded screen shot in #4) to boot in Verbose
  • Take Photo(s) of problem screen to upload.
The above troubleshoot is suggested on the assumption, your USB Installer disk has all the required EFI files in its CLOVER/drivers64UEFI to boot without the Memory Mapping Error shown on your uploaded screen shot that happened to that System disk because of some corruption to its CLOVER during the upgrade mishap that you encountered.

Hopefully, the CLOVER from your USB will help the System disk through the boot to that stage when the macOS High Sierra Boot files will take over the boot to the finish line of login screen.

If you are lucky that the System files did not suffer during the mishap and you can logon to the Desktop, you can Reinstall Clover on the System Disk.

Since your USB Installer itself had a failure to boot on its own to reach the macOS Utilities screen, I cannot suggest you to use its EFI as a copy& paste to replace the EFI of your System Disk.

If this is not possible you may try to install CLOVER via Windows or Linux Disk in this system to access the FAT32 formatted EFI Partition of the System Disk and repair it through Windows by carrying CLOVER through a Flash disk. Otherwise you can connect the System Disk via SATA to USB adapter to a Windows PC to perform the above procedure. This is a complex task even for skilled troubleshooters familiar with Windows and Mac Systems..

These changes are made to the EFI partition of your USB install disk. You can insert that disk back in the original Mac and use Clover Configurator's Mount EFI option on the left side pane to mount the USB disk's EFI partition.

Using Finder, you can open the EFI/CLOVER folder on that partition and then:
  • Delete AptioMemoryFix-64.efi from the Drivers64UEFI folder.
  • Download OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi from buller #3 of this site and copy it into the same Drivers64UEFI folder.
  • Now select File --> Open from Clover Configurator and open the config.plist located in the EFI/CLOVER folder of the USB EFI partition.
  • Click the Boot pane (second from top left) and check ON the slide=0 checkbox.
  • Save the file.
Now eject the USB from the original Mac and insert it into a USB 2.0 (black) port on your Hackintosh. Boot and press F12 to select the USB as boot drive. Try the installation now...

These changes are made to the EFI partition of your USB install disk. You can insert that disk back in the original Mac and use Clover Configurator's Mount EFI option on the left side pane to mount the USB disk's EFI partition.

Using Finder, you can open the EFI/CLOVER folder on that partition and then:
  • Delete AptioMemoryFix-64.efi from the Drivers64UEFI folder.
  • Download OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi from buller #3 of this site and copy it into the same Drivers64UEFI folder.
  • Now select File --> Open from Clover Configurator and open the config.plist located in the EFI/CLOVER folder of the USB EFI partition.
  • Click the Boot pane (second from top left) and check ON the slide=0 checkbox.
  • Save the file.
Now eject the USB from the original Mac and insert it into a USB 2.0 (black) port on your Hackintosh. Boot and press F12 to select the USB as boot drive. Try the installation now...

I thought the quote from OP is about the uploaded Screenshot showing the Memory map error [...."End Random Seed'] and failure to boot of the "macOS Mojave System Disk" NOT the Mojave USB Installer Flash Disk that was created later.

OP has a separate problem with the newly created Mojave USB Installer Flash Disk that "freezes on Apple logo" .
What is not clear is at what stage of Booting the USB Installer freezing on Apple Logo.

If the Mojave USB Installer disk has a 'good' /CLOVER/driver64UEFI folder with needed EFI files and the macOS Mojave System Disk has only corrupt or missing efi files in /CLOVER/driver64UEFI, there is a good chance OP might be able to boot the macOS Mojave System Disk through the macOS Mojave USB Installer Disk.

Editing the USB Installer won't make the macOS Mojave System Disk bootable until and unless its own CLOVER is repaired or reinstalled using some other means

If OP can connect his System Disk to a Real Mac and navigate to its mounted EFI and edit it, then the macOS Mojave Hard disk can boot without the "End Random Seed" Boot failure.

Other options like using Windows or Linux to edit CLOVER from the EFI Partition of macOS Mojave HDD is doable but involves Diskpart through Elevated CMD prompt for example in Windows 10.

In my my opinion a Good USB Installer disk can help only in 2 ways but to achieve 2 different end results.
  • To help the macOS Mojave Disk to Boot through CLOVER Boot Manager to reach the Desktop and Repair its EFI/CLOVER or Reinstall Clover EFI Bootloader to make it bootable without USB installer.
  • Erase the maCOS Mojave System Disk and do a clean install of macOS Mojave on it once again.

Last edited:
@cmn699 Thank you for pointing that out. You're right, it's a problem with the EFI on the Mojave installation disk.

@DaSpikeSydavong Fortunately, the explanation in my last post is still applicable. Just perform those steps on the EFI partition of your Mojave internal disk. You can boot Mojave from the USB install disk and then make the changes to the Mojave internal disk.

These 370-series and 390-series Gigabyte motherboards are very sensitive to memory fix drivers. Only OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 works reliably after post-installation work is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back