Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
dose this work on mountain lion

Pls how do you unplug the SATA drive from System 1, and plug into System 2 via USB

After following the first method i get the message "PciRoot UID missing using 0 if you want PciRoot=1 use -PciRootUid" and then it hangs in the white apple screen doing nothing. I can only get past this by booting with the install USB, choosing the HDD where i installed ML and choose to boot in safe mode by typing -x. does anybody know why this happens? thnk you!

Solution 1 worked well for me installing Mountain Lion 10.8.2.
Boot with the UniBeast made USB installer then unmount HD and use terminal with indicated command.
Full info at http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html
My system: GA-H77N-WIFI with a 1TB Western Digital Green HD.
Thanks to MacMan and oqunnn!
It saved me a nightmare.

Thanks a lot, MacMan!
Solution 1 works great here!

While I can boot my 10.8.2 installation from a UniBeast USB drive with no issues on a GA-H77N-WIFI, I can't get it to boot without the USB drive. Installing Chimera (via MultiBeast) to my "ML" partition results in the boot0: error message. I'm dual-booting on a 750GB Seagate Momentus XT HDD, with Windows 8 (EFI) installed on the previous partition. Running this command will completely remove Windows Boot Manager from the list of boot options, meaning I can't boot Windows. Repairing the BCD entry gets the Windows Boot Manager back, so I can't boot my "ML" partition (yes, my Mountain Lion partition is actually labeled "ML" to keep things simple). The dd command, though, completed instantly.

Any ideas? I'll probably modify the Windows Boot Manager to try and boot the second partition itself, rather than going directly there from the BIOS/boot selection screen.

Nevermind, it works fine. I gave the wrong partition number. All is good!

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

If disk "USB Boot" is the disk you're booted to while typing the command, and disk "My Real HD OS" is the disk you want to boot to, then you need to type the command:

dd if=/Volumes/USB\ Boot/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/ [etc.]

DO NOT USE the drive you just un-mounted [My\ Real\ HD\ OS] since that disk is no longer mounted and will give the "no such file or dir" error.

HTH

Thanks Orleck and spurrin, you made my day. Now if only somebody would update the first post with this info, the whole thread would possibly be much shorter :headbang:

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Cheers much easier to look at :thumbup:

Hackintosh noob here:

I am building the CustoMac Pro from the January 2013 buyers guide with the GA-Z77X-UD5H mobo. Using a new 2TB Seagate drive from Micro Center as the boot drive, I got the Boot0 error.
(drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7,200 SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive ST2000DM001)

I tried option 2 since I have a Sata to USB dock, I couldn't get it to work, I am not sure I understood the instructions properly. :banghead:

So I resorted to option 1. I have a little Terminal experience. It worked like a charm. :headbang: Thanks for the photos oqunnn (Post #24), this made it a lot clearer! :thumbup:

OH DEAR LORD. THANK YOU. i unknowingly bought a 4k drive and was going out of my mind when it kept on saying boot0 without my unibeast! thank you for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back