Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
After several hours of dicking with this, I figured out that my main hard drive was plugged into the wrong SATA port. Once I switched that, it worked like a charm.

Now back to getting my audio working again......

Method #2 worked perfectly first time around!

I tried method one and after a couple of trials it did something. I selected the Mountain Lion drive from the BIOS and it brought me to this screen where it gave me the option to boot Mountain Lion or the other OSes I have on my machine. When I selected Mountain Lion it did something but all that ended up happening is this same screen with a flashing underscore. Any ideas guys?

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Anybody get a white screen after the apple screen? I followed the pics from earlier in the thread and seemed to work perfectly until the white screen...

I'm following option 1. My osx hd is plugged into sata port 2. I put in the code ending with disk2s2. I keep getting an error. Any help would be great.

I'm following option 1. My osx hd is plugged into sata port 2. I put in the code ending with disk2s2. I keep getting an error. Any help would be great.

Hi, guys. I´ve got this boot0 error. I have tried method 1 but the only thing that happens is that afterr rebooting, there´s a black screen offering me two possible boots: usb or OSX (my internal hard drive, in which I have installed ML). If I choose USB I go to the "Installer-OSX" screen as normal, but if I try to boot from OSX ML, I get a freeze screen just after a couple of seconds of the white-grey apple screen.

I have done this:

I have created a boot usb stick, containing Unibeast and Multibeast
Then I have installed ML in the internal HD
Rebooted, I have gone booted OSX from the usb
I have installed multibeast, choosing only the bootloader option (Chimera)
I have rebooted, and gone to the installer
I have unmounted the OSX internal HD
I have opened terminal and written the command line. It returns two records and apparently the process has been sucessful
I have rebooted, I have chosen the internal hd and got the freeze error

Freeze!.jpg

Any ideas will be wellcome

Update: I´m stuck when I try to apply the 1st method (from step 4, because I´m installing with Unibeast). It says there´s no such file or directory (about the /Volumes/OSX ...etc...) It´s like if my ML hd doesn´t have that directory in it.

Any ideas?

Solution 1 worked for me.

GA-X79S-UP5-Wifi
Intel Core i7 3930
GTX 680
Seagate 2TB

Thanks a million.

EVERYONE HAVING TROUBLE, TAKE NOTE: On the command line instruction, where it says "Unibeast Volume Name", you need to enter the name of the drive FROM WHICH YOU JUST BOOTED NOT THE DRIVE YOU JUST UNMOUNTED (i.e. probably not your internal drive).

In the vast majority of cases, I'm assuming that you'll be booting from the USB drive you used to create the initial installation. So it's probably named "USB".

After following the instructions and typing in the command in Terminal, I get an error that tells me my USB volume doesn't exist, even though it shows up in disk utility. I have checked my spelling and syntax many times and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanx I'm up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back