Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

I followed solution one. I got the Tonymac screen with the tomato. It boots the hdd and I get this screen:

bpxbV.jpg

It starts without the square and circle with the line through it then that pops up. The loading circle loads indefinitely.

Thank you tonymacx86 my pictures :) %100 work

db8l3.jpg

db8mv.jpg

db8sk.jpg

4: Terminali açıyoruz

db8ud.jpg

Terminale
Kod:

dd if=/Volumes/USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

db8xb.jpg

db9g7.jpg

restart :) %100 work

Cheers much easier to look at :thumbup:

One tip I wanted to share:

If you used a Multi-word Name for your Uniibeast USB Drive, you need to put the name of the drive in quotation marks, or the system will not know what you are referencing. Mine was Mountain Lion Unibeast Installer, so to get it to run

Code:
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]dd if=/Volumes/"Mountain Lion Unibeast Installer"/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2[/COLOR]

Worked fine for me. Before installing Mountain Lion, I dropped 16 GB of RAM and a 1TB Western Digital Drive into my HP Probook 4530s. I can't speak to larger drive sizes.

One tip I wanted to share:

If you used a Multi-word Name for your Uniibeast USB Drive, you need to put the name of the drive in quotation marks, or the system will not know what you are referencing. Mine was Mountain Lion Unibeast Installer, so to get it to run

Code:
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]dd if=/Volumes/"Mountain Lion Unibeast Installer"/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2[/COLOR]

Worked fine for me. Before installing Mountain Lion, I dropped 16 GB of RAM and a 1TB Western Digital Drive into my HP Probook 4530s. I can't speak to larger drive sizes.
Or you escape the spaces using the \ character so it would be:

Code:
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]dd if=/Volumes/Mountain\ Lion\ Unibeast\ Installer/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2[/COLOR]

I get a sort of kernel panic, even after tried with option number 1. The screen is similar to the boot error but it gives me something like this:
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: donexV&%/UAJ/"=? and a lot of strange symbols that I can't get from my keyboard. Anyone can help?

Using Solution 1, I got it to boot. However, at the logon screen, the mouse is frozen as is the keyboard. The cursor is blinking in the password box so the system isn't frozen. So, I booted using the Unibeast installer USB from Step 1 and was able to login again. However, I want to boot from HD (need keyboard/mouse to work at logon screen).

Using HP Probook 4530s and had used the latest HP Probook Updater instead of MultiBeast when I had installed OSX in the first place.
Any suggestions?

Solved my own problem. Installed the bootloader from Multibeast, overwriting the one from Unibeast, and rebooted. Expected to have to redo the DD from step 1. However, after rebooting, I was able to log in.

dd if=/Volumes/USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 worked like a f*cking charm :D

In my case was:
dd if=/Volumes/"ML Image"/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 then restart, removed the usb stick and voila. :)

So damn happy!!! :D

I upgraded from Snow Leopard 10.6.3 to 10.6.8, from here updated to Mountain Lion, took several hours, because I did not know that you had to registered to Mac Apple, etc. I had to first created a UniBeast Mountain Lion, USB boot up flash drive. on first try it failed. now I am at screen downloading the new MultiBeast 5.2.0 for Mountain Lion. My build PC/MacHack is:
1. Corsair Case/wht/blk
2. PSU CS700
3. CPU i5, 3.3ghz
4. MB - ASUS P68Z8
5. Memory 16gb corsair
6. GPU 570 Geforce, 1280 ram
7. Two SSD Crucial 128gb use one for backup.
8. One TB hdd installed SL purpose duel boot with ML and Win7
9. WD HDD Rapture 10, 000 rpm - 300gb
10. Blu-ray LG
11. DVD samsung
12. ACER monitor
Currently I am having problems booting up from the SSD with this new installation, when I used the MultiBeast it caused a crash after I installed Mountain Lion and installed the Multibeast, options.

Ok everyone. I was struggling with this one too. I tried method #1 and #2. I was having no success. Errors were "no such volume" though I was sure to have typed the correct name of my volumes and dismounted as instructed. Of course, we all seem to find ways to deviate from the guides our gracious moderators provide us... I had created a second fat partition in planning for a dual boot machine. This was my problem. Even though that partition was empty, and it was "disk0s3" which i was not calling in the terminal arguments, until I dismounted that partition too the terminal arguments would return "resource busy"

Now, the method #1 worked.

Also, I'll note that my DVI output seemed to stop working at the boot 0 error screen (just got a black screen) after I tried method #2 using my real MBPro (I think.) I had to switch to VGA and I could see it sitting there at the boot0 error screen. After the workaround it was functional, DVI was back and I watch it boot through Chimera and straight into ML..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back