Contribute
Register

'boot0 done' but then a load of garbled text/no boot from hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 7850 TF
My Hackintosh system:
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
160GB SATA HDD
Intel i5 3570K
ATI R7850 2GB
8GB RAM

So all in all I had a pretty perfect/hassle free installation of Yosemite on my machine, which was amazing considering I only realised my hardware was compatible yesterday! :)

I fixed a couple of issues via driver installs from MultiBeast (got audio working, but that broke my ethernet, so then fixed that...), but the main issue I am having is getting the system to boot without using the UniBeast USB stick I made...

So firstly, with installing the Chimera bootloader I was expecting to be magically shown a list of OSs upon boot and be able to choose one or set one as default... For whatever reason that doesn't happen, so every time I power on my PC I have to hold 'F12' to manually select my OS X drive.

Secondly, when I try to boot from that HDD, I get a screen that looks like this:

RoczDRi.jpg
(note - not my screenshot, but this is the same problem as others have had)

I did a search for 'boot0 done' + garbled text, and have had several suggestions:

First I tried both methods fromboot0 Error: The Official Guide, with the hope that one of those might fix it. It did not.

Then I found somebody who said I should use a program called Chameleon to fix it, but that left me with a new error (something about 'can't find /mach_kernel').

Some have said it's the GPU I'm using, but if I can boot Yosemite fine from the USB, it's probably not that...right?

Others said I needed to re-install but create a tiny 250MB partition on my hard drive in addition to my main OS X partition, which solved this issue for some....

And finally others have dissuaded people from using the UniBeast/MultiBeast tools and have suggested there are better ways to create a Hackintosh installation....!

But before I go trying any more solutions, does anyone here have any suggestions?

Thanks. So I followed that and it got me past the boot0 done garbled text screen, but then I hit the bootloader that I'd mistakenly installed from Chameleon Wizard in a previous attempt to fix this issue. Luckily something must've changed because I didn't get the 'kernel' error this time, but I only made it as far as the Apple boot logo with progress bar which stalls around 45%......

So back to the drawing board I guess! Might try re-installing and trying that '2 partitions' trick next....!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back