Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Boot Problem ("Prohibited sign")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z390-P
CPU
Intel Core i5-9600K
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 270X
I have problems installing Catalina on my PC with the following hardware:
Mainboard: Asus Prime Z390-P
Processor: i5 9600K
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 270X
Storage: Samsung 970Evo (500gb)

I used this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...alina-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.285366/
Everything went fine until step 4. Here i am getting an error: I click: "boot macOS install from install macOS Catalina."
Then the Apple sign with the loading bar comes and it starts loading until a "stop sign" appears (see Attachment). I tried every USB-Port of my mainboard and also tried a different USB flash drive. In the Attachment there is the code right bevore the error (it's always stuck there for 1min.) and then the code of the error.
If i didnt describe the problem clearly enough please just ask me and I will write back as soon as possible.
Already I want to thank you guys for helping me

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_131742.jpg
    IMG_20200909_131742.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20200909_131825.jpg
    IMG_20200909_131825.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20200909_155052.jpg
    IMG_20200909_155052.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20200909_155146.jpg
    IMG_20200909_155146.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 75

I used this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...alina-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.285366/
Everything went fine until step 4. Here i am getting an error: I click: "boot macOS install from install macOS Catalina."
Then the Apple sign with the loading bar comes and it starts loading until a "stop sign" appears (see Attachment). I tried every USB-Port of my mainboard and also tried a different USB flash drive. In the Attachment there is the code right bevore the error (it's always stuck there for 1min.) and then the code of the error.
If i didnt describe the problem clearly enough please just ask me and I will write back as soon as possible.

Hi there.

Have you tried the "KASLR (slide=0)" boot option?

At the UniBeast Clover menu press the Spacebar and from the menu that appears Select it, scroll down to Return and the try booting again.

:)

Thank you for the quick reply.
Yes, i have already set slide=0 at the UniBeast Clover.

Thank you for the quick reply.
Yes, i have already set slide=0 at the UniBeast Clover.
I am sorry i double checked it and it slide=0 was disabled. Now I tried it again with slide=0 and then i got stuck again (see Attachment) before the PC rebooted. After i could just chose to boot again from my USB or my empty harddisk.
Hi there.

Have you tried the "KASLR (slide=0)" boot option?

At the UniBeast Clover menu press the Spacebar and from the menu that appears Select it, scroll down to Return and the try booting again.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_171847.jpg
    IMG_20200909_171847.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I am sorry i double checked it and it slide=0 was disabled. Now I tried it again with slide=0 and then i got stuck again (see Attachment) before the PC rebooted. After i could just chose to boot again from my USB or my empty harddisk.

Okay :thumbup:

Check your boot commands, I can see some non-standard ones at the top of your screengrab. UniBeast does not use all of those.

Do you know which BIOS version. Your motherboard has?

If Slide is set then the other common reason for the stop symbol is a disabled USB port. This can happen during boot until the OS kicks in and re-enables them. Usually there is a designated USB port number 1 that is always active during boot to enable access to the BIOS. There may be a second too. Which ones they are will need trial and error. You should try different ports for your UniBeast stick.

Okay :thumbup:

Check your boot commands, I can see some non-standard ones at the top of your screengrab. UniBeast does not use all of those.

Do you know which BIOS version. Your motherboard has?

If Slide is set then the other common reason for the stop symbol is a disabled USB port. This can happen during boot until the OS kicks in and re-enables them. Usually there is a designated USB port number 1 that is always active during boot to enable access to the BIOS. There may be a second too. Which ones they are will need trial and error. You should try different ports for your UniBeast stick.
I have the latest BIOS version (2808)
Also i have now tried every USB-Port of my PC and everytime it starts loading and at some point the "stop-sign" appears. I have used the settings as in the attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_184313.jpg
    IMG_20200909_184313.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 57
I have the latest BIOS version (2808)
Also i have now tried every USB-Port of my PC and everytime it starts loading and at some point the "stop-sign" appears. I have used the settings as in the attachment.

Then you need this patch:

:thumbup:

Then you need this patch:

:thumbup:
Hi, i was now able to try the new patch. Unfortunately, I am still stuck while booting. It hangs at some point (see attachment) and then the "stop-sign" appears

Attachments

• IMG_20200910_154708.jpg
    IMG_20200910_154708.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20200910_154812.jpg
    IMG_20200910_154812.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 62
Hi, i was now able to try the new patch. Unfortunately, I am still stuck while booting. It hangs at some point (see attachment) and then the "stop-sign" appears

Most of that second screengrab is garbled and unreadable, so am not able to offer any help.

The No Entry sign indicates the PC is unable to boot, maybe because the USB port has become disabled or the wrong boot configuration was selected. Slide=0 can sometimes cure this, but you tried that. Certainly your motherboard and CPU are compatible, even if your GPU is very old.

Check BIOS version. F7 has a Serial Port toggle missing from later versions.

That's all I can offer, sorry.

Most of that second screengrab is garbled and unreadable, so am not able to offer any help.

The No Entry sign indicates the PC is unable to boot, maybe because the USB port has become disabled or the wrong boot configuration was selected. Slide=0 can sometimes cure this, but you tried that. Certainly your motherboard and CPU are compatible, even if your GPU is very old.

Check BIOS version. F7 has a Serial Port toggle missing from later versions.

That's all I can offer, sorry.
Thank you for the help. The screengab is garbled not because of the photo but because it was just garbled on my screen. I tried with Serial Port on and off but it didnt work. Maybe i will just try with another guide then. Thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back