Contribute
Register

[Boot problem] Black screen on laptop but works HDMI out

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing,
i reinstall whit unibeast
after installig without -x flag boot stuck
boot whit -x flag install chimera and ps2 kext whit multibeast copy my dsdt but booting stuck

i don't see the problem

Make sure when you're testing IGPlatformID that you are NOT using a patched DSDT and *ARE* using IGPEnabler=Y or GraphicsEnabler=Y.

These techniques are mutually exclusive:
- patched DSDT with graphics injection. IGPEnabler=No and GraphicsEnabler=No
- no DSDT patches for graphics injection. IGPEnabler=Y or GraphicsEnabler=Y and IGPlatformID to select the platform.

Also, it might be useful if you got a PCI inventory from DPCIManager or 'lspci -nn' on Linux.

Finally, some laptops need EDID injection for the laptop display to work. And your laptop display could be dual-link (I've seen one low resolution laptop with dual-link) which requires a different approach (DSDT injection with AAPL,DualLink=1).

When testing the combinations, you must be systematic, deliberate, and detail oriented.

In all cases, try plugging in an external monitor via HDMI. If you get a signal there, capture ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Nothing the only way i get the screen resolution is whit capri and FB from usb installation whit edited dsdt
For now nothing about see about this mac i don't see the problem whit powermanagement.

Nothing the only way i get the screen resolution is whit capri and FB from usb installation whit edited dsdt

What is wrong with that?

For now nothing about see about this mac i don't see the problem whit powermanagement.

I don't understand what you're saying.

nothing for the first and all is working ok.

For the second point i'm not able to see about this mac. If i open about this mac finder crash and restart. The power management is untouched

nothing for the first and all is working ok.

For the second point i'm not able to see about this mac. If i open about this mac finder crash and restart. The power management is untouched

You have a big problem with your install then... Suggest a fresh install being careful about what you install... Without more information about what you did, I can't offer any other advice.

this is the problem I do not do anything out of the norm.

with UniBeast install and reboot with-x
I install multibeast with chimera ps2 kext and voodooohda
I copy my dsdt in the extra folder and PlatformID for the HD4000 starts.

Optimal resolution and everything works smoothly.

Except that when I try to open about this mac the finder crashes

this is the problem I do not do anything out of the norm.

with UniBeast install and reboot with-x
I install multibeast with chimera ps2 kext and voodooohda

VoodooHDA is known to cause issues. What else did you install with Multibeast? I ask because installing only "ps2" and "voodoohda" is not enough to boot most laptops with correct power management. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

I copy my dsdt in the extra folder and PlatformID for the HD4000 starts.

Your own patched DSDT or a DSDT you downloaded from somewhere?

my own patched dsdt patched whit your guide.

Ok for now i stop working tomorrow i restar and update thread

Thanks for collaboration for now :)

Nothing,
I try again the installation whith a new fresh USB mad with unibeast
Boot first with -x instal same utilty from multibeast copy dsdt
but about this mac still not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back