Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all

If this is not the proper location to post this, please let me know, I had this post deleted twice with no explanation.

I'm currently trying to make this OC install work on my Hackintosh. The whole setup already runs a Clover Catalina.

lli, created the USB stick etc...

The install boots, I can go to Utility Disk, format the target drive, start the install. After some minutes, it goes out of the graphic apple logo and time bar and re-enters verbose mode, then reboots, goes to MacOS Install from the OC picker, runs some commands in verbose, reboots, etc... Always the same loop on the same commands.

What I4ve noticed is that if I interrupt the reboot by going to the BIOS, I don't see the target drive anymore in the booting options. MAybe it's normal I don't know (it's there, the BIOS can see it otherwise)

I've checked the BIOS, the EFI seems legit. So have anyone seen this before and managed to fix it ?

I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT 8Go, an Intell i9 2.6 GHZ, 64 Gb of DDRAM 3600 MHz

I attached my zipped EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.1 MB · Views: 24
Hi all

If this is not the proper location to post this, please let me know, I had this post deleted twice with no explanation.

I'm currently trying to make this OC install work on my Hackintosh. The whole setup already runs a Clover Catalina.

lli, created the USB stick etc...

The install boots, I can go to Utility Disk, format the target drive, start the install. After some minutes, it goes out of the graphic apple logo and time bar and re-enters verbose mode, then reboots, goes to MacOS Install from the OC picker, runs some commands in verbose, reboots, etc... Always the same loop on the same commands.

What I4ve noticed is that if I interrupt the reboot by going to the BIOS, I don't see the target drive anymore in the booting options. MAybe it's normal I don't know (it's there, the BIOS can see it otherwise)

I've checked the BIOS, the EFI seems legit. So have anyone seen this before and managed to fix it ?

I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT 8Go, an Intell i9 2.6 GHZ, 64 Gb of DDRAM 3600 MHz

I attached my zipped EFI

Hi.

I took a look at the EFI folder and there is one glaring error -

You have set OpenCore to boot from an External boot-picker but disabled your OpenCanopy.efi file in the Drivers section. For an external picker you need to activate something OpenCore can use. The most common is the graphical menu system OpenCanopy (along with the Resources folder of icons and sounds etc). If you would rather use the text-based menu then change the Misc/Picker mode setting in config.plist, to "Builtin" instead of External.

The Installer boot sequence is - boot and copy installer files to destination drive in a hidden folder, then reboot and run the installer again. This gives you an extra menu item beginning "Install ..." etc. Run that each time after a reboot until it disappears.

No change

I also don't understand how opencanopy would make a difference but I trust you.

If I run the MacOs install it loops over and over.

Back