Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MS-1795
CPU
i7 6700HQ
Graphics
GTX950M/HD530
hi i have successfully installed catalina after a long time. But I ran into the fact that it does not start normally. After the apple logo appears (I ship with hdd), my laptop goes to reboot, no panic or report. It is loaded only with the -x arguments. I'm asking for help, I've tried many different kexts, and all sorts of arguments like -disablegfxfirmware -agdpmod In bios Vt-d, XHCI and other normal options are disabled e.t.c, but I still haven't found a solution. I have attached an EFI, and some screenshots, to my thread to make it easier to tell someone. Thank you, I have successfully installed catalina after a long time. But I ran into the fact that it does not start normally. After the apple logo appears (I ship with hdd), my laptop goes to reboot, no panic or report. It is loaded only with the -x arguments. I'm asking for help, I've tried many different kexts, and all sorts of arguments like -disablegfxfirmware -agdpmod In bios Vt-d, XHCI and other normal options are disabled e.t.c, but I still haven't found a solution. I have attached an EFI, and some screenshots, to my thread to make it easier to tell someone. Thank you

Attachments

• xJ7666yaGeo.jpg
    xJ7666yaGeo.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 78
  • EFI.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
hi i have successfully installed catalina after a long time. But I ran into the fact that it does not start in normal mode. After the apple logo appears (I ship with hdd), my laptop goes into reboot, without panic or report. It only loads with the -x arguments. I ask for help, I tried many different kexts, and all sorts of arguments like
-disablegfxfirmware
-agdpmod
e.t.c, but I still haven't found a solution. I attached EFI, and few screenshots, to my thread to make it easier to prompt someone. Thank you

Hi there.

If your hardware is the same as your profile you will discover that your GTX950 graphics-card is not supported in Catalina (nor in Mojave or Big Sur). The latest version of macOS that you can use - with the NVidia web-drivers - is High Sierra.

If the hardware is as listed then I'll move this over to Laptop support for you.

So, you can either use another, supported NVidia GPU, a recent AMD GPU, or you could try with the CPU's HD530 iGPU. I believe this will work but needs some research to get working properly.

(By the way, please upload archives in the *.zip format, not *.rar. Zip is native to macOS and no special software is needed to open it).

:)

Привет.

Если ваше оборудование такое же, как ваш профиль вы обнаружите, что ваш GTX950 видеокарта не поддерживается в Каталина (ни в Мохаве или Big Sur). Последняя версия macOS, что вы можете использовать - с NVidia веб-драйверов - это High Sierra.

Таким образом, вы можете использовать другой, поддерживаемый GPU NVidia, недавний GPU AMD, или вы можете попробовать с процессором HD530 iGPU. Я считаю, что это будет работать, но нуждается в некоторых исследованиях, чтобы получить работу должным образом.

(Кстати, пожалуйста, загрузите архивы в формате .zip, а не .rar. Зип является родным для macOS и никакого специального программного обеспечения не требуется, чтобы открыть его).

:)

Of course I am using nv_disable = 1 for it to work. But then even enabling nvda_drv = 1 does not help to solve the problem.
i try to use darkwake,slide,dart,cpus,npci, but no works
P.S i upload file to zip

Of course I am using nv_disable = 1 for it to work. But then even enabling nvda_drv = 1 does not help to solve the problem.
i try to use darkwake,slide,dart,cpus,npci, but no works

nv_disable=1 falls-back to VESA graphics but the fact remains you have a NVIdia GPU not supported.

nvda_drv=1 only disables the drivers. It does not change the hardware.

Laptops are all different. Some allow you to disable the discrete GPU and use the iGPU, others don't. I do not know how your MSI works in that regard. Technically you can disable the GPU with a DSDT patch and then set up the HD530 to provide output:

nv_disable=1 falls-back to VESA graphics but the fact remains you have a NVIdia GPU not supported.

nvda_drv=1 only disables the drivers. It does not change the hardware.

Laptops are all different. Some allow you to disable the discrete GPU and use the iGPU, others don't. I do not know how your MSI works in that regard. Technically you can disable the GPU with a DSDT patch and then set up the HD530 to provide output:

I tried to switch graphics on iGPU to BIOS, but it still doesn't work ...
P.S i upload new photo.
These are the last words before the apple appears, and it leaves after a few seconds.

I tried to switch graphics on iGPU to BIOS, but it still doesn't work ...
P.S i upload new photo.
These are the last words before the apple appears, and it leaves after a few seconds.

Understood.

What I have explained previously is still correct. Confirmation the problem is your GPU can be seen at line 3 up from the bottom, of the screengrab you have uploaded:

GPU.jpg

Please change post #1 back to English as it was before (see post #2), or the thread will be deleted. Thank you.

Last edited:
Understood.

What I have explained previously is still correct. Confirmation the problem is your GPU can be seen at line 3 up from the bottom, of the screengrab you have uploaded:

View attachment 500736

Please change post #1 back to English as it was before (see post #2), or the thread will be deleted. Thank you.
Yes, but what should i do to solve this?

Yes, but what should i do to solve this?

I explained in post #4 and gave a link to a guide that will enable you to disable the NVidia GPU so you can configure the HD530 instead.

If you do not wish to try this, then perhaps go back to High Sierra and use the NVidia web-drivers.

Я объяснил в пост #4 и дал ссылку на руководство, которое позволит вам отключить NVidia GPU, чтобы вы могли настроить HD530 вместо.

Если вы не хотите, чтобы попробовать это, то, возможно, вернуться к High Sierra и использовать NVidia веб-драйверов.
Shutting down from bios is not enough? when I boot into windows, my laptop no longer sees the gtx950m, only 530m after I do this, and the clover shows that there is only one video card

Shutting down from bios is not enough? when I boot into windows, my laptop no longer sees the gtx950m, only 530m after I do this, and the clover shows that there is only one video card

If you can turn-off the GTX950M in BIOS, and Clover can see the HD530, then you can use that. :thumbup:

There are many posts on the forums that help with getting the HD530 to work. Here is one example:

Use Clover Configurator to set the graphics mode. Select "InjectIntel" then ...

E.png

... in the "ig-platform-id" pull-down menu try some of the HD530 devices, for "mobile" first -

C.png

See if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back