i7-8700K OC @ 5GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi there,

I have a Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter that's detected as:Bus 020 Device 009: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd. CSR8510 A10 - this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VWEK4IG/?tag=tonymacx86-21

I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and they work just fine 99% of the time. Sometimes the mouse does lag a little bit during heavy I/O load, but when that happens it generally recovers within a few seconds.

Now the issue is when I connect bluetooth headphones (I tried Sony 1000X and Bose QC35 II), they stutter terribly and are completely unusable: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vt6mib5xctwh9yy/Audio 3.mp4?dl=1

It's like the audio plays 2x too fast, then stops for half a second, then plays 2x too fast again in a loop.

Any ideas why this is happening and any possible solution?

I'm on High Sierra 10.13.1 and my motherboard is Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, some more specs are listed on my profile.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 654708

I had the same problem, due to both Bluetooth and Wifi operate at 2.4GHz. So I made a 5GHz channel on my router, connected to it, and now my external Bluetooth speaker does not stutter.

At least try turning the Wifi off + your router, in order to identify if this is indeed the problem in your case.

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700K OC @ 5GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I had the same problem, due to both Bluetooth and Wifi operate at 2.4GHz. So I made a 5GHz channel on my router, connected to it, and now my external Bluetooth speaker does not stutter.

At least try turning the Wifi off + your router, in order to identify if this is indeed the problem in your case.
I don't have wifi on the desktop, it is using a hard wired 1gbit connection. I tried to turn off phone and tablet wifi/bluetooth and there is no change/improvement :(

I tried to put the headphones virtually on the bluetooth adapter, so they are literally touching it and there is no difference/improvement. It seems to be a timing thing. If you listen to the audio in the link, it seems the audio plays way too fast, then there is a gap and then it plays way too fast again.

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700K OC @ 5GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Argh, I tried connecting my old Belkin Bluetooth adapter, detected as: Bus 020 Device 022: ID 050d:016a Belkin Corporation BLUETOOTH USB +EDR ADAPTER v2.1 UHE Serial: 00190E0DB10A

Now audio is working, but the mouse is jerky and jittery. I think it is down to the bluetooth adapter :( -- I'm going to try to purchase an IOGEAR GBU521 bluetooth adapter, which isn't available in the UK, will have to wait for delivery from the US to come end of January.

What bluetooth adapter are you using to get smooth mouse and working audio?

In my hackintosh build(Asrock Deskmini110), I find USB3.0 port may cause the bluetooth audio stutter, unplug usb devices then everything is ok.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GT 730
sir @hallowman, Does handoff, airdrop and continuity work with ungreen CSR8510 chip ?