Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX 580 8G
Hello, I installed Big sur on a MSI b450 gaming plus max, ryzen 3200G , Aorus Radeon RX580 8G and 8g of ram.
Everything works fine if I force integrated graphics. If not, there is a black screen when the Apple icon should show (after the boot logs) Can someone help me ? I tried the RX580 ssdt but nothing changes
If you want to know, the screen is connected to the HDMI port of the card

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 152
Try adding the attached SSDT-RadeonDeInit.aml to your /OC/ACPI folder and a corresponding entry for the SSDT in your config.plist. See if that helps with the black screen issue.

Attachments

• SSDT-Radeon_Deint.aml.zip
    972 bytes · Views: 375
Try adding the attached SSDT-RadeonDeInit.aml to your /OC/ACPI folder and a corresponding entry for the SSDT in your config.plist. See if that helps with the black screen issue.
Is this something that can help with my same problem as well on Catalina do you think? And when you say a corresponding entry for ssdt in config... is that "DSDT name" under Acpi in Clover, or where do I set that if you wouldn't mind explaining?

This is my problem:
Hey I was wondering if someone more knowledgable can take a look if I'm doing something obviously wrong regarding me trying to get past the black screen with Asus rx580.

I got it working really well on Mojave with Inject ATI, Orinoco Framebuffer, video ports 5, RadeonDelnit and this kextpatch: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy BA050000 00 to BA000000 00
Also Lilu and Whatevergreen.

I upgraded to Catalina (got USB installer to boot without black screen by copy/paste EFI from my Mojave install, in the end). Now I boot from USB and it works great, even the clover in the beginning and apple logo is not stretched like it usually is... but booting from SSD results in black screen no matter what I do.

What I tried:
Latest Lilu and WEG
Checking bios settings, everything is how it should be
Using inject ATI and other before mentioned graphic settings
adding agdpmod=pikera in boot arg
mentioned kextpatch kextpatch: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
various combinations of disabling inject ATI, disable WEG and/or Lilu and that kext patch
Removing any graphics settings and WEG and/or Lilu
change PEGP to GFX0
changing smbios to 14.2, 17.1, 19.1, iMac Pro 1.1 (This SMBIOS fixed Preview on Mojave)
Enabling/disabling igpu
Tried stabbing in the dark and using some Framebuffer I found while searching

EDIT: Tried with new DP to HDMI that works, but the problem is still present.

I have an old setup as you can see, and I'm using legacy mode.
Using WEG screen turns off, with inject ATI it stays on but black.

This may be a silly question but I don't know anything, for years I fixed my Hackintosh problems by searching and trying suggested solutions... But anyway If I can boot so well from USB, metal support and everything... why can't I just apply whatever happens when booting from USB to SSD.

tried copying EFI but that doesn't work either.

Here is my EFI. If There is something more I need to post I would really appreciate if you could mention what tool to use to obtain that info, because after years of using Hackintosh I'm still noob.
Really hope I'm missing something obvious, I have ben trying stuff for days now.

No it is the corresponding entry required in the OpenCore config.plist.

You don't need to add the SSDT to the Clover config.plist, you can under 'Sorted order', but you don't have to.

You can just add the RadeonDeInit=true option to the Graphics section of your /CLOVER/config.plist. You don't need to use this SSDT with CLOVER.

OC doesn't have the RadeonDeInit option, so we need to use the SSDT when running OpenCore.

Ok, thanks. I'll keep digging for solutions, because nothing so far works.

Ok, thanks. I'll keep digging for solutions, because nothing so far works.

Hi there.

If your problem is the same as the OP then @Edhawk is totally correct with the solution. This issue is caused by the change in initialisation of graphics during boot. Check iGPU settings in BIOS and config.plist.

When you just say nothing works then that needs more background. The hardware in your Profile looks pretty standard.

Black screen 580 is a really well covered topic here and been solved.

Hi there.

If your problem is the same as the OP then @Edhawk is totally correct with the solution. This issue is caused by the change in initialisation of graphics during boot. Check iGPU settings in BIOS and config.plist.

When you just say nothing works then that needs more background. The hardware in your Profile looks pretty standard.

Black screen 580 is a really well covered topic here and been solved.
Yeah I feel that might be the problem. I didn't play with igpu much as I didn't even think that might be the issue.
I covered my problem more extensively in that quote at the end of my previous post you've seen it.

In Mojave the only igpu setting is under Devices, Fake ID, IntelGFX is set to 0x12345678, which I guess is just some kind of filler... where i got that in these years of using hachintosh I do't remember, but it worked o far. That setting and the whole config boots Catalina from USB without a problem.

Not sure what settings in BIOS I should try.
I already tried to disable, enable and auto setting for igpu, and also to set it as primary.

Previous versions of Mac OS worked fine with both "auto" and "enabled" setting.

Yeah I feel that might be the problem. I didn't play with igpu much as I didn't even think that might be the issue.
I covered my problem more extensively in that quote at the end of my previous post you've seen it.

In Mojave the only igpu setting is under Devices, Fake ID, IntelGFX is set to 0x12345678, which I guess is just some kind of filler... where i got that in these years of using hachintosh I do't remember, but it worked o far. That setting and the whole config boots Catalina from USB without a problem.

Not sure what settings in BIOS I should try.
I already tried to disable, enable and auto setting for igpu, and also to set it as primary.

Previous versions of Mac OS worked fine with both "auto" and "enabled" setting.

Yes, agreed. BIOS set to iGPU Auto and Initialise PCI-e Slot First has always worked for me and Gigabyte motherboards. :thumbup:

InjectIntel = /true in config.plist was a MultiBeast default for many years and I always use it, although not strictly necessary these days.

RadeonDeInit = /true as @Edhawk explained was the Clover toggle to adjust the GPU switching at boot. It is also performed nowadays by Whatevergreen.kext or an SSDT.

The VBIOS on the 580 can also be a problem. Depends on the brand and model.

The VBIOS on the 580 can also be a problem. Depends on the brand and model.
I have the ASUS rx580, which I didn't really see people mentioned.
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Graphics-Cards/Dual/DUAL-RX580-8G/

As far as the settings you mentioned I use the same and they work on Mojave. Ona Ctalina still black screen without whatevergreen, and with whatevergreen the display looks like its turned off, no back light.

The Only thing I can think of that I didn't try is patching framebuffer as it looks a bit overwhelming for me.

Here is an SSDT for an Asus RX 580 Dual graphics card. Add this to your /CLOVER/ACPI/[patched folder. See if that helps.

I didn't create the SSDT, just happen to have it sitting in my SSDT folder. I don't recall who created the SSDT, so apologies for not giving the creator the credit they deserve.

Attachments

• SSDT-RX580-Asus Dual.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 232
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back