Contribute
Register

Black Screen when using NVIDIA Web Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i ordered another active DP->HDMI adapter this morning, hopefully saturday i'll be able to mess around with it (and the 1060 card that i bought that has multiple DP connectors.) i'm guessing that these active adapters look like the monitor to the video card, thus hiding what's behind them. we'll see...

update: i got it working. the "inject nvidia = false" was actually the key. my problem is (and was) that from time to time i was using the HDMI port on my video cards with an HDMI-DVI adapter. i think that adapter is single-channel and prevents the 30" monitor from working (which requires dual-channel DVI). at the time i turned off nvidia injection in clover, i was still using that adapter. now that i've plugged the other monitor straight into the DVI port, both are working (the other is still connected with an active DP-DVI adapter.) along the way to discover this, i enabled the onboard graphics with a connectorful ID, so perhaps that also had something to do with it. previously i had the onboard graphics disabled in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back