Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 950
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys.

I'm new to Hackintoshing, but fairly experienced with computers in general (ex-web/game developer). I've been trying for hours, looking through every forum and thread I can find and no solution seems to be working. When I boot MacOS High Sierra with the NVIDIA Web Drivers, it brings me to a black screen. I'm able to Remote Desktop to it and I noticed it no longer recognizes the monitor properly. The monitor icon is different in the Display settings panel and only offers lower resolutions (none of which help my black screen issue). I've tried every fix I could find. I have Lilu and WhateverGreen (includes NvidiaGraphicsFixup) installed in my kexts folder but those aren't helping either. I tried using AGDPfix.app and that didn't do it either. If anyone can help me it'd be extremely appreciated as I put a lot of money into this build primarily for MacOS.

My specs:
  • Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 Motherboard
  • Intel i7-8700k CPU
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 950 GPU (Upgrading to 1080 Ti soon)
  • MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)
  • NVIDIA Web Drivers 387.10.10.10.40.105 (17G65)
  • System Definition: MacPro6,1
  • Clover 2.4k
  • Lilu 1.2.5
  • WhateverGreen 1.2.0
  • MacOS/Clover is installed on a 2TB M.2 drive, and Windows on another 2TB M.2 drive

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 3.38.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 3.41.27 PM.png 180808235234.png 180810153102.png 180810153208.png 180810153231.png 180810153238.png 180810153247.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
what happens if you disable CSM support? which type of connector are you using? do you have adapters to try the other type of connector (that is, use the DVI port instead of the HDMI port or vice versa?)

edit - have you upgraded to the latest lilu/whatevergreen? the nvidia stuff was rolled into whatevergreen lately.

what happens if you disable CSM support? which type of connector are you using? do you have adapters to try the other type of connector (that is, use the DVI port instead of the HDMI port or vice versa?)

edit - have you upgraded to the latest lilu/whatevergreen? the nvidia stuff was rolled into whatevergreen lately.

Disabling CSM Support gives me a black screen with some glitchy lines all over. I was using HDMI and I just tried an HDMI to Display Port adapter and it works with 1 of my ports. I guess for the time being I can use this adapter, but I plan on having a multi-monitor setup so 1 port won't do. And I am on the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen, I updated the OP with this info now.

i have not been able to get 2 monitors working on nvidia (1xDP, 1xHDMI or 1xDVI). i had an idea that maybe using 2 DP->DVI adapters might work so i bought yet another geforce card but i bought the wrong kind of DP->DVI adapter so i can't test yet.

i did get 1xDVI + 1xDP working on an RX560 card but the display locks up every once in a while, so i came back to nvidia with no success yet...

oh, one other thing which may or may not be related - i found that when i originally installed the nvidia drivers, i must not have had SIP turned off. this led to an incomplete installation, and so even though the WebGL demos run at full speed, i found that Heaven did not (something like 6fps @ 2560x1600). also geekbench showed very low GPU scores. so, i disabled SIP and ran vulgo's tool to re-install the latest webdriver .pkg files linked from tonymac. (https://github.com/vulgo/webdriver.sh) and now i'm getting full acceleration. you can re-enable SIP after installation.

If anyone can help me it'd be extremely appreciated
Config.plist - Do not inject Nvidia graphics
Set config.plist/Graphics/Inject/NVidia=false

I did a fresh install of MacOS and installed the drivers with SIP disabled, and still got a black screen. I then uninstalled the web drivers and used vulgo's tool to install the drivers, and still got a black screen. Then I tried BreBro's fix of turning off the Nvidia injection and now I'm booting up properly and the graphics are much smoother and stable, however the Nvidia drivers don't appear in my system preferences pane so I can't enable G-Sync and I don't think the fan on my GPU is working.

i will try turning off injection when i get home tomorrow. this was all working for me in yosemite with the same monitors but an older nvidia card. when i built the z370 system i could not get dual monitors working on nvidia unless the 2nd monitor was a different type of monitor- i have 2 30” cinema displays. i chalked all of this up to the new version of the OS since that was the most fundamental change, but it’s possible i had disabled nvidia injection on yosemite and forgotten all about that on high sierra.

we’ll see i guess but it is disheartening that disabling injection only partially worked for you.

unfortunately setting config.plist/Graphics/Inject/NVidia=false did not change anything for me. still only one monitor coming up, but the system sees the other monitor - it's just black, no cursor. the display backlight flashes a bit as the computer is booting, indicating some kind of monitor timing problem to me. this might be a special case for me because of some bug dealing with identical monitors. at this point i'm going to try attaching both monitors via DP->HDMI active adapters and see if that works. if not maybe it is time to buy at least one new monitor.

I think I'm just gonna wait to get my 1080 Ti (once prices drop soon) and see if I still have the same issues. If I have time, my roommate has a bunch of DP -> HDMI adapters I might try still just to see if I can get multi-monitors working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back