Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ELITE 8300 SFF
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Hi there,

My computer froze yesterday when attempting to reboot with the wheel turning for ever and I had to force it to shut down.

When I start it again, I have a black screen with the wheel turning. Booting in verbose mode give me :
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0

I tried to boot in safe mode / single user with the same result.

I have a 2 month old clone that is booting and from it I can access the files of the non-booting drive.

Maybe a stupid question but is there a way to copy the .kext folders of the safe drive to the non-booting drive? I am not sure how to install .kexts on a drive that is not booted.

Thanks for your help !

Hi there,

My computer froze yesterday when attempting to reboot with the wheel turning for ever and I had to force it to shut down.

When I start it again, I have a black screen with the wheel turning. Booting in verbose mode give me :
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0

I tried to boot in safe mode / single user with the same result.

I have a 2 month old clone that is booting and from it I can access the files of the non-booting drive.

Maybe a stupid question but is there a way to copy the .kext folders of the safe drive to the non-booting drive? I am not sure how to install .kexts on a drive that is not booted.

Thanks for your help !

Hi there.

First thing you could try is to use your UniBeast installer drive to boot the system on that currently non-booting drive. This may get you into it and allow you to add kexts you wish to (rebuilding caches obviously).

If that doesn't work, but you can still access the drive from another macOS system, then you can possibly copy the kexts you need into the EFI partition of that drive. This would result in them being injected and not cached but might help you. Depends on which kexts you are talking about.

The error you quote is usually related to the GPU, but if nothing has been changed on that score ... we need to dig deeper.

:)

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I finally had to do an urgent work and decided to back up from the clone.
Everything is fine now but I don't know what caused the problem. I think I did some cleaning with Clean My Mac before it happened, it was maybe not a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back