Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably gonna use a I7-3770 for my built and hope some G-Skill Ripjaws are gonna fit.

Might try a Sapphire 5870 too. I have it hidden somewhere in my semi-organized pile of stuff.

Okay.. I just finally had a chance to put this build together, and have a question about the Antec H2O 620 Kuhler.

The instructions for it are very vague (okay.. confusing as hell!), though getting through some of the Youtube videos for it does help. But I have a problem..

First off, the connector from the cooler that goes to the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard. The connector is 3-prong, while the CPU_FAN is 4-prong. That leaves one lead on that header unused.

Additionally, the second fan in the case at the front of the case also has the same issue, as it is also 3-prong, which would need to plug into the SYS_FAN header, which is 4-prong.

Either way I've tried to plug these in, the machine hard locks prior to POST, let alone getting to the BIOS. Putting the stock cooler on the 3570K works without a problem as it is 4-prong, though that leaves the rear fan plugged into SYS_FAN, and one other fan doing nothing.

I don't want to leave the Kuhler sitting there useless, and I know this has to be simple otherwise I'm missing a LOT. but could someone with the Z77N-WIFI and the 620 let me know which headers those should be plugged into?

Thanks in advance!

BL.

I have (basically) the same build. Some issues I have:

-When booting/waking up from sleeping, I can see the login window immediately. However, it takes a couple of seconds (up to 5), until the system reacts to my keyboard input (Microsoft USB wireless). Is this the same for you?

-I put an HP slimline slot-in DVD burner into my build. I noticed that the drive seems to "sleep", i.e. it would not pull in a CD, until I start e.g. Toast, which "wakes up" the DVD drive. Upon start of Toast, the drive reacts, pulls in my disk and everything is fine.

Everything else works fine, as you already reported.

Thanks for your help.

I have (basically) the same build. Some issues I have:

-When booting/waking up from sleeping, I can see the login window immediately. However, it takes a couple of seconds (up to 5), until the system reacts to my keyboard input (Microsoft USB wireless). Is this the same for you?

-I put an HP slimline slot-in DVD burner into my build. I noticed that the drive seems to "sleep", i.e. it would not pull in a CD, until I start e.g. Toast, which "wakes up" the DVD drive. Upon start of Toast, the drive reacts, pulls in my disk and everything is fine.

Everything else works fine, as you already reported.

Thanks for your help.

Not every time but yes. (wired keyboard)

Looks like a connected USB device giving the problems.

Since the 10.8.4 Update (and the MB 5.4.1 reapplied) I have a sound problem: normal sound (line out), appears at internal speakers in the list but works. Headphones plugged in the front panel are not recognized anymore. Worked fine before the update :(

Any ideas?

You have to re-run MultiBeast selecting only your audio driver, then reboot your system. This is the unusual procedure after a system update.

You have to re-run MultiBeast selecting only your audio driver, then reboot your system. This is the unusual procedure after a system update.
Thanks for the pointer Stork! I already tried that, even re-applied all of the settings in MB. After a reboot, ten times plugging the line-out in and out again, starting/quitting iTunes and VLC, switching around with the volume control, it worked again. After it recognized my hifi-system, I could also plug in my headphones and they work.

However, after sleep: same issue again...don't know where this is coming from, was fine with 10.8.3.

Any further hints? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back