Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
First hackintosh issue... Encountered the VoodooHDA problem. No audio/outputs listed etc... After running multibeast with no luck I ran the kext utility from a page on this site and now Ive encountered a stretched boot screen with different tonymac icons and a jumbled/half black desktop. I've tried both the GraphicsEnabled=No flag and the
Graphics Mode=1920x1080x32, both with no results. Can I save this without having to wipe and start over?

First hackintosh issue... Encountered the VoodooHDA problem. No audio/outputs listed etc... After running multibeast with no luck I ran the kext utility from a page on this site and now Ive encountered a stretched boot screen with different tonymac icons and a jumbled/half black desktop. I've tried both the GraphicsEnabled=No flag and the
Graphics Mode=1920x1080x32, both with no results. Can I save this without having to wipe and start over?

There's a post one the first couple of pages with a long boot flag about device ID, system should correctly recognize the HD4000 and get rid of the garbled screen.

I've just bought an Apple TV and would hoping this build would stream it's iTunes library to the tv, you have said airplay audio works but not video. Had anyone successfully streamed an iTunes library (for audio) to a Apple TV/airport express with this?

I'm using Ethernet to a witless router btw, not an internal wireless card

:D nice motherboard i like it

:D is there mac os x for amd apu???

Also updated to 10.8.5 without trouble. Basically followed Stork's advice from
http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/108809-article-os-x-10-8-5-update.html#post661592

I want to install 10.8.5...I currently have MB 5.1.3 and installed up to 10.8.4. Should I update MB to the 6.0 version? It looks much different that the old version (maybe I can use 5.5). Very confusing with the three different modes it runs in...

Can someone post a screenshot of the settings needed for this build using the 6.0 version of MB?

Thanks!

A few posts back someone recommended using MacMini 6.1 for airplay. But I'm currently up and running with these multibeast settings and (easystart no dsdt). I just followed the new mavericks guide and then did the post multibeast install.

Maverick is a very nice improvement. It is inline with osx7.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    981.6 KB · Views: 242
Dear Friends,

I have Gigabyte z77n-wifi and ML 10.8.4. Now, I would like to update it to 10.9 but I'm not sure how to do this.

Should I upgrade my system or should I reinstall from scratch. What are the steps? ISO file or update from control center?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back