Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am curious about this as well. Just bought a Magic Mouse, but completely forgot that when I swapped out the Intel Wi-Fi card with the Dell DW1515 I lost Bluetooth capability. Is this still a valid bluetooth dongle?
Do you mean if the Dell DW1515 has Bluetooth? Then no. It's just wifi. That's why you need the Belkin F8T016 (or another compatible dongle).

I am using this build and it is great! Only changes are essentially i3770k, and I have an XFX branded 6870. Also no BT at present as my asus dongle was causing serious issues.

Problems:
Messages won't log in.
Diablo 3 is essentially unplayable-hard to explain but it is like it hangs for a few seconds and then goes back to normal speed, hangs, goes back to normal speed, kind of like stuttering. Installed SC2 and it is working fine.
I haven't tested USB3 ports yet.

skim

..it solves entering the BIOS and disabling VT-d

Was this issue with this board ever sorted?

So graphics could be passed to guest in ie Parallels...

sebus

PS
No matter now, as my i3-3225 does not support VT-d anyway...

Hey guys ,

After a few months of use I'm looking into OCíng and seen BitterMelon's running @4.2GHz I believe (Read far too much today to remember)
I've tried everything possible with no joy ! I have changed each core (turbo) to 4.2GHz and the multiplier up to 4.2GHz rebooted and checked HWmonitor and I still only get two Pstates 16x and 34x am I missing a trick here?

Ok so I sorted it (kind of), Does anyone know if its possible to not have the cpu balls out at 4.2GHz ? I can't seem to get it to speedstep :(

What system definition are you using?

With Macbook 12,2 I would get 16 and 42.

Using Macpro 3,1 I can get 16,17,18,19,20 and 42.

Not sure exactly how to get the other states.
I'm using MacPro 3,1 too , I managed to fix it from staying at 4.2GHz I must of accidentally turned off CPU Enhanced halt and C3/C6 state support in the bios ( oops ) so now I'm getting 2 states x16/x42 so I'm slowly getting there !
Obviously I'm a bit of a n00b with OverClocking so I've attached a pic of my bios to see if I'm missing something

Thanks again :)

Attachments

• 2013-01-28 10.17.44.jpg
    2013-01-28 10.17.44.jpg
    976 KB · Views: 582
Thanks so much for your build guide!

It was invaluable when putting together my new ITX Rig!

I almost got the Prodigy but couldn't find one in stock. I'm really pleased with the Node 304 however.

-Thanks Again

Photo 2013-01-29 02.15.09 AM.jpg

i3-3225 with HD 4000, Dell wireles USB mouse/keyboard combo

Full HD res works instantly via HDMI (without any adjustments so far)

I made sure no kexts exist in /Extra/Extensions (so nothing is messing the proper working of 10.8.2)

To get USB 3 working with USB 3 storage devices one needs to select in BIOS:

disabled Legacy USB at Bios and Enabled Pre-Boot XHCI (first setting loses access to Chimera menu with USB keyboard)

as per this post on IM

sebus

Very interesting build. I actually did this myself. Except different.

I used a CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 instead of the water cooling (water + computer = dumb), A corsair quiet edition fan with my own "ghetto" bolts (I made them myself), and OWC SSDs because their write speeds are through the roof, the look boss, and are good for Linux because who knows how good linux really is as far as TRIM is concerned :p

I also am wondering, how wide is the graphics card you recommend? The Hyper TX3 is pretty close to the PCI express lane, so a measurement would help...

Additionally, where can I find an apple bluetooth 4.0 card that I can mod to connect to a USB header?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back